1/48 Spitfire PR Mk.1A

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

Re: 1/48 Spitfire PR Mk.1A

Postby RayS » Thu May 21, 2020 8:24 pm

I know where you are coming from with the sanding, never ending!

Nice progress
Ray

RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:25 pm

WTF? I can't believe this has been hanging around for over 2 years :oops: :oops: :oops: Anyways whilst I was waiting for primer to dry on the Supra and B-25 I decided to drag this out for a bit. It was almost at the priming stage and just needed the cockpit masked up. I had to fix a couple of little seams but generally it went really well. A few smaller bits need priming which will probably happen this weekend. I gotsta get this mofo off the shelf of doom and doneski :)
Last edited by hrtpaul on Thu May 04, 2023 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:19 pm

Another snail got some love this weekend. After a f&ck up thinning the acrylic primer with the wrong stuff and causing a HUGE mess in my airbrush, the whole model cave narrowly escaped being burnt to the ground :evil: :evil: :evil: Anyways I got my sh!t together and got the primer on. I wanted to use white primer so as not to darken the Camotint too much so I'll see how it goes. I have also lost to undercarriage doors :oops: :oops: There are resin ones available but none in stock ATM so I stole some from another kit. Next step will be to paint the Hataka Camotint over the whole thing :)

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:58 pm

You gotta be f*&king kidding me. 3 years to the day and I still haven't finished this :oops: :oops: :oops: Well I did a bit the other week consisting of respraying the Camotint after a mishap with gold paint drops all over it :evil: :evil: Anyways I'm in the process of organising the appropriate SMS paints for the roundels as I'm gonna try to use my stencil cutter and paint em. What could possibly go wrong? :? :? :? As the conversion is for the Airfix kit, the sliding portion of the canopy doesn't fit too well. I have a few vacform PR XIX canopies that I wanna try to see if that works better. I really need to pull my finger out as it's not that far from being finished.
hrtpaul

Previous

Return to The Air Base