1/32 Hunter

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

1/32 Hunter

Postby VH-WAL » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:49 pm

Greetings all, I havent been very active here or on the modelling scene for a while. Those that remember me will know I generally model civil stuff as my preferred subject and avoid preshading, fading, weathering and panel line accentuation like the plague. (Actually I do do these things but really subtly)
I am a volunteer at the Bullcreek Aviation Museum in Perth and have built this model for an imminent display. Steve Murray a former Rhodesian Air Force Hunter pilot and more recently a former Qantas check captain has donated a former Singapore Air Force Hunter to the museum. Along with the real airframe which is being currently cosmetically restored (in RAF scheme) he donated a Revell 1/32 model kit to be built and finished in the colours of his former mount. I like the Hunter, I eyed off this kit and thought I would take it on.... the dude in the cockpit was supplied by my favourite Uncle Les (thanks cobber).
The stand is a home made design in timber and the model can be rotated on its roll plane for display. The dedication is a temporary paper print taped on on to show how it would like when I print it on glossy sticker paper.. I can't do that yet as my printer has crapped out. I realise I still have to glue on the pitot tube and have to put in a bit of crystal clear in the hole portside cockpit which I thing is meant to represent the emergency hatch blowing lever.
This will be displayed near the real hunter in a protective case.
VH-WAL

Re: 1/32 Hunter

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:43 pm

Great work there Wally on a very pretty aircraft :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby VH-WAL » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:50 pm

hrtpaul wrote:Great work there Wally on a very pretty aircraft :)

thanks Paully...wish I could keep it lol
VH-WAL

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:40 pm

Great work there Wally! Such a beautiful machine.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby RayS » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:33 am

Very Noice!
Ray

RayS

Return to The Air Base