SAAB J35 Draken Swedish 10 Wing, 2 Squadron commemorative

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

SAAB J35 Draken Swedish 10 Wing, 2 Squadron commemorative

Postby BradG » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:36 pm

This is the Hasegawa 1/72 special schemes limited edition boxing of the Swedish retirement schemes for Wing 10. This is 2 Squadrons aircraft, it also comes with the yellow scheme which is 3 Squadrons aircraft.

Fit is ok, although the forward fuselage and the aft burner can sections require some attention. Careful sanding will lessen the amount of filling and sanding required. Other than that, the kit is very nice. Decals are good, although I did manage to slightly damage one so be careful getting them around the fuselage curves. Gloss blue was used with a coat of future to keep things glossy and no weathering was applied as these aircraft looked very clean. I decided not to mount the drop tanks, but you do get them, along with a set of sidewinder pylons and launch rails if you wish to put them on, but I don't think these aircraft used them while in these colours. As far as I am aware, this aircraft still exists in the Swedish AF museum.

BradG

Re: SAAB J35 Draken Swedish 10 Wing, 2 Squadron commemorativ

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:32 pm

Great tribute to a great air force and now they're joining NATO!

You may/may not know that over 600 Swedish pilots lost their lives during the Cold War - largely due I reckon to their tactic at flying just above tree top height, sometimes below between the trees up forest access roads. The Flygvapnet will be a great addition to NATO.
Adam the Akrodude

Return to The Air Base