1/72 Lockheeds: P-3 and C-130

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

1/72 Lockheeds: P-3 and C-130

Postby RayS » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:37 pm

Here are a couple of models that usually grace a display case in the 10 Squadron (RAAF) pilot's crew room. Both had been damaged and I offered my services to restore them.

First off a Haseagwa P-3C, I did not get any images of the model before work started but here are a couple with what had to been done

A couple of new props had to be sourced, the main gear leg axles replaced with brass rod and a number of missing antennas manufactured and refitted.

I also restored some paintwork and updated the markings from a 11SQN aircraft to a 10SQN one (A9-757).

Next up was an Italeri C-130H (of 36SQN), it was in a lot worse condition.

It was originally built OOB (as a C-130E and dressed up as a H), so since it was getting a full repaint I decided to make it more H than E by extending the main gear sponsons and adding the ECS intakes which are prominent on the C-130H

I managed to make one prop out of the parts supplied and found 3 others in my spares box. I also had replace the nose gear leg and had to make new engines fronts to mount the props on. Finally the ramp parts were refitted, new antennas fabricated and fitted, seams re-glued and filled and a full repaint and decals added.

Ray

RayS

Re: 1/72 Lockheeds: P-3 and C-130

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:23 pm

Great work on both models mate and for a good cause too :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to The Air Base