Boxing Day Blitz Build - Hasegawa MiG 17PF Fresco D...

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

Boxing Day Blitz Build - Hasegawa MiG 17PF Fresco D...

Postby BradG » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:09 pm

The challenge was to build a model in 24 hours straight. I picked the old Hasegawa MiG 17 from the stash as it was unlikely to get built any other way, being long in the tooth and completely lacking in any detail. Not to mention the horrible K 13 missiles. That said the fit was ok. Decals are from the spares box and I know they are slightly too early for this variant fo MiG but it doesn't matter for the purpose of this exercise. This was started and completed in a little under 22 hours.

BradG

Re: Boxing Day Blitz Build - Hasegawa MiG 17PF Fresco D...

Postby VH-WAL » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:25 pm

looks alright that, I remember as a teenager ALL my kits were built in less than day glue prints, paint fingerprints applying decals on stick paint lol. One marathon effort had me buying the Frog 1/72 Avro Shackleton at 5.00pm, working all night on it until finished at about 4.00 saturday morning... I loved that model! I lusted after it in the shop window for weeks hoping no one else would buy it until I got enough sheckels together to buy it myself
VH-WAL

Postby BradG » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:38 pm

VH-WAL wrote:looks alright that, I remember as a teenager ALL my kits were built in less than day glue prints, paint fingerprints applying decals on stick paint lol. One marathon effort had me buying the Frog 1/72 Avro Shackleton at 5.00pm, working all night on it until finished at about 4.00 saturday morning... I loved that model! I lusted after it in the shop window for weeks hoping no one else would buy it until I got enough sheckels together to buy it myself

Ah the old all nighter. I was thinking about trying it but only stayed up to about 3am, but it was enough time to get most of the building done.
BradG

Postby Uros » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:42 am

Wow! It's looking great!
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Postby RayS » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:07 pm

Not bad for such a quick effort Brad. I have one of these lurking in the stash, can't recall why I got it in the first place!
Ray

RayS

Return to The Air Base