GAF RF-4E Phantom II

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

GAF RF-4E Phantom II

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:50 pm

This is a 1/72 Revell RF-4E of AG52, Aug 1993 from the German Air Force I started ages ago in yet another cool scheme. This one will be in a flying pose hence I had to put pilots in it :evil: :evil: :evil: I did however enjoy cutting their legs off to get them to fit in there :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: This is OOB except for the pilots, metal pitot tube and AOA probe. As you can see, after the silver Hurricane shitfight, me and Alclad are on talking terms again. This is the first time I've used multiple shades on a Phantom arse end and I'm pretty happy with it. I've still gotta finish off painting the arse end, paint the exhausts, attach the pitot etc, build a base and bend the acrylic rod to mount it. I hope to have it finished before I go back to TSV in 2 1/2 weeks. Here's some pics so far :)

And the Alclad, my best friend (at the moment)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: GAF RF-4E Phantom II

Postby tor lives » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:47 pm

Excellent mate....the big ol double ugly looks really sinister and purposeful in that black colour scheme.
She will look absolutely kick-arse when complete.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Graeme H » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:05 am

2 of my favourite things, Black aircraft and Phantoms, what's not to love
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:03 am

Looking great Paul - very sinister indeed!

Was that big decal underneath fun to lay down? Also, did you spray Alclad after applying those decals? If so - you Gunho rebel maverick!

Looking forward to seeing the finished result.

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:03 pm

Yeah Adam the big decal wasn't much fun. It's not perfect but it'll do. As for the Alclad, it has been sprayed after the decals and one go went on. Just masked the surrounding black and spray away :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Looks great so far.....the multiple alclad colours look great.
oz rb fan

Postby AndrewDoppel » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:44 am

Hey, that's cool. Love the tail shading on the NMF
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Thanks Andrew. Here's some pics of the finished arse end. As you can see, me and Alclad are still good friends (at the moment) :shock: I'd love to do 1 of the 1/32 F-4's I have to use more colours and detail on the NMF area :)

The model itself is finished with all masking removed. I'm currently varnishing the stand for the model to be mounted on. My woodworking skills suck the proverbial LOL Hopefully it'll be mounted and totally finished by Monday night :)
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:48 pm

Nice result with the metallics Paul. Looks great overall
Ray

RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:37 pm

This is pretty much done. Just need to put some felt on the bottom of the base. Pretty happy with how it came out except for the the mounting rods as they were supposed to represent the smoke from the engines. Ya get that :mrgreen: On to the pics :)
And with a "Spook" sticker
hrtpaul

Next

Return to The Air Base