GAF RF-4E Phantom II

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

Re: GAF RF-4E Phantom II

Postby tor lives » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Yep!!!.....OK, that is just to dam cool!!!
And your metal work turned out great mate
TOR
PS: what colour did you use for the jet pipes cause it looks bloody perfect!!
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Thanks mate. I'm really happy with how that part came out. Makes me wanna do some more with Alclad for sure :) I think the jet pipes was Jet exhaust with a couple of other colours over the top. All Alclad of course :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:41 pm

Brilliant! Very dynamic display. Plans to do any more like that? Lot to be said for "in-flight" display - inspiring!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Thanks Adam. I wouldn't mind doing a few more like this one. Besides they use up a bit of wasted space in the cabinet too. My only drama is I have to put pilots in them then and we both know how much I love pilots of any sort :roll: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:25 pm

Dude, without pilots bustin' and bendin' your aeroplanes, you'd be out of a job! :D
Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:10 pm

You need to remember mate without engineers, YOU DON'T FLY end of story :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:44 pm

hrtpaul wrote:You need to remember mate without engineers, YOU DON'T FLY end of story :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Without engineers, we'd have nobody to blame when the plane breaks.. 'cept maybe the work experience kid... :lol: :lol:
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:49 pm

We know exactly who to blame. The knucklehead in the left hand seat because he/she can't help but touch things they shouldn't when they get bored sitting on their arses all day :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:19 pm

Agreed, no arguments from me! Don't forget I'm a instrument guy. It's in my blood as my father started his instrument apprenticeship with Sperry Instruments at the end of WW2. The first ruler I mucked around with as a kid was my father's slide rule.
You sir are preaching to the converted. My "heroes" are people like the Wright Bros, Doolittle, Scott Crossfield, Neil Armstrong, Kelly Johnson, etc, all legendary engineers. I am of course a loyal supporter of LAME's, why? Caus what you guys do and what I have learnt from ones I've met and know has literally helped keep me alive in the past.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:27 pm

hrtpaul wrote:We know exactly who to blame. The knucklehead in the left hand seat because he/she can't help but touch things they shouldn't when they get bored sitting on their arses all day :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I fly from the right.. :lol:
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

PreviousNext

Return to The Air Base