Hasegawa 1/32 Ki 61 Tony.

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

Hasegawa 1/32 Ki 61 Tony.

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:42 pm

Another great 1/32 kit from Hasegawa. This is one of the Indonesian People's Security Force Ki-61's that was thought (by Dutch Intelligence) to be used in Indonesia's War of Independence against the Dutch, that broke out directly after the surrender of Japan in 1945. It is based on a single water colour painting done at the time.

_BlackHawk_

Re: Hasegawa 1/32 Ki 61 Tony.

Postby tor lives » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:49 pm

Now see...this is why I don't build military aircraft!!! how the hell do you get a superb cam finish like that.
Nice job Ace and welcome on board.
Ray
tor lives

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:03 am

It's easier than it looks Ray. Paint a base of aluminum, my favourite being Humbrol metallic range then I use Gunze for the top colour, get close to the surface with your airbrush and have it spraying as little paint as possible. You then move you hand like you are shivering. The when it's dry, I start to work the paint back with Tamiya thinner, either on some paper towel or a cotton bud and to create those little chips, masking tape lifts gunze as it doesn't stick solid to Humbrol metallic colours without being sealed. Then weather with pastels or whatever over the top before matt.
_BlackHawk_

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 am

Oh no. There goes the neighbourhood :lol: :lol: :lol: Great to see ya here Brad and damn fine work on the Tony as well mate :D
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to The Air Base