1/48 Spitfire PR XIX

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

1/48 Spitfire PR XIX

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:54 am

Yet another amazing new tool kit from Airfix. These dudes are pumping out some amazing kits of late. This 1 is the 1/48 Spitfire PR XIX. It's OOB except for the seat be you can't see it too well because of the canopy. This is the only drama with the whole kit in that to pose the canopy open, Airfix have included a separate, 1 piece open canopy and it sux big time. Luckily Barracuda do a replacement vacform canopy to replace it. I reckon it's a sweet looking plane and there are another 3 in the stash to do, 1 of which will be a BBMF one. This was the first time I'd used Vallejo paints and they seemed to work ok if not a little fragile. I preferred the Vallejo PRU Blue to the Humbrol one and I can't remember which grey I used. It's probably not that accurate but I liked the colour. Besides I'm no rivet counter that's for sure.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: 1/48 Spitfire PR XIX

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Cool. At least one of us can put a prop on the right way.
_BlackHawk_

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:37 pm

That was only sheer fluke mate LOL
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Capt NG » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:20 pm

Awesome Paul..
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Return to The Air Base