Zvezda 787-9

A place for sponsors and other manufacturers to advise A/CAMers of the "good stuff" to come

Zvezda 787-9

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:32 am

Thanks to Graeme for the heads up on this (http://www.airlinercafe.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=9651). It seems Zvezda are bringing out a 787-9 next year which is awesome. That means I don't have to convert a 787-8 to do the following jet 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Last edited by hrtpaul on Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Zvezda 787-9

Postby RayS » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:18 am

You and me both Paul, though I still may go down the conversion path as I don't think I can wait until later in the year for the -9 :D
Ray

RayS

Postby kfutter » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:12 pm

I just bought decals for this bird without even realising it was a different aircraft to the kit I have! D'oh! It's not so bad, though, as I quite like the house livery they put together for the 787 anyway, so I was always planning to do that one first up. It just means I'll need this new kit when it comes out.

Kev
kfutter

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:32 pm

Did you get the R2D2 decals off of old mate on Facebook Kev? I'll wait till this new kit comes out cos I'm too scared to cut up models :? :? :?
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby kfutter » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:33 am

hrtpaul wrote:Did you get the R2D2 decals off of old mate on Facebook Kev? I'll wait till this new kit comes out cos I'm too scared to cut up models :? :? :?

Jon Ocha, Paul. I see there's already an alternative set available via eBay now, for about the same price:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-144-All-Ni ... SwHQ9WUjes

I'm pretty sure it's a different set, as the layout doesn't look the same at all. I don't mind cutting up a model, but I'd prefer not to if I don't have to. I just hope the new kit isn't too expensive when it lands!

Kev
kfutter

Postby RayS » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:44 am

Come on guys, are we modellers or assemblers! :D

Cutting up kits is par for the course for me lately. I have a set of the Hamilton Hobbies fuselage plugs, but I need 2 sets to do the ANA and QANTAS birds. So I think the ANA jet will be done with the plugs and the QANTAS bird with the Zvezda kit.
Ray

RayS

Postby kfutter » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:20 am

RayS wrote:Come on guys, are we modellers or assemblers! :D

Cutting up kits is par for the course for me lately. I have a set of the Hamilton Hobbies fuselage plugs, but I need 2 sets to do the ANA and QANTAS birds. So I think the ANA jet will be done with the plugs and the QANTAS bird with the Zvezda kit.

I didn't think Qantas had any 787s in the fleet, Ray. Am I wrong, or is this a What-If move on your part? I actually have a set of What-If Qantas decals that came with my 787 kit (F-Dcal, I think).

Kev
kfutter

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:58 am

kfutter wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:Did you get the R2D2 decals off of old mate on Facebook Kev? I'll wait till this new kit comes out cos I'm too scared to cut up models :? :? :?

Jon Ocha, Paul. I see there's already an alternative set available via eBay now, for about the same price:

I'm pretty sure it's a different set, as the layout doesn't look the same at all. I don't mind cutting up a model, but I'd prefer not to if I don't have to. I just hope the new kit isn't too expensive when it lands!

Kev

Yeah it's a different jet Kev. ANA have 3 Star Wars jets. The first is an R2D2 jet (787) like Jon's sheet, second is a BB-8 jet (777) and finally a combination jet (767) with R2 on 1 side and BB-8 on the other like that ebay listing.

Oh Ray I'm an assembler mate cos I can't afford to cut up a model and f*&k it up ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
hrtpaul

Postby kfutter » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:23 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
kfutter wrote:

Kev

Yeah it's a different jet Kev. ANA have 3 Star Wars jets. The first is an R2D2 jet (787) like Jon's sheet, second is a BB-8 jet (777) and finally a combination jet (767) with R2 on 1 side and BB-8 on the other like that ebay listing.

Oh Ray I'm an assembler mate cos I can't afford to cut up a model and f*&k it up ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Well, I'll be - I didn't even notice that the eBay listing was for a 767! Man, I really need to pay attention...

Kev
kfutter

Postby RayS » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:35 pm

kfutter wrote:
RayS wrote:Come on guys, are we modellers or assemblers! :D

I didn't think Qantas had any 787s in the fleet, Ray. Am I wrong, or is this a What-If move on your part? I actually have a set of What-If Qantas decals that came with my 787 kit (F-Dcal, I think).

Kev

Not yet Kev, QANTAS has ordered 8 787-9s for delivery in 2018 and 19.
Ray

RayS

Next

Return to Product Announcements