Hawkeye Avro Lancaster "G for George"

A place for sponsors and other manufacturers to advise A/CAMers of the "good stuff" to come

Hawkeye Avro Lancaster "G for George"

Postby scotty100368 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:49 am

Hi again folks!

Military subjects are usually outside of my sphere of interest, but since we had numerous enquiries over the last year-or-so and I had access to George, plus not being a very difficult subject, I decided to give it a crack.

There are 2 sheets: 1 screen printed with most of the markings and 1 laser sheet with the upper wing walks and Mission Tally colour layer. (It was done this way to minimise production costs - multi colour screen printing is expensive!)

For the 1/48 Tamiya:

and the 1/72 Airfix/Hasegawa/Revell:

Peter Mahoney has the artwork now, but there will still be a wait for final art preparation and receiving the screen prints - so please be patient!

Cheers! :D
Scott Garard
former QF ramper (Thanks alot AJ!)
now Aust Post van driver
scotty100368

Re: Hawkeye Avro Lancaster "G for George"

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:28 pm

Hey Scott

Would you be able to do a special set of decals for a Lanc?

My second cousin commanded AR-J W4984 and was shot down over Holland and killed along with five others from his crew - one guy managed at the last minute to bail out and survived (captured).

I've heard a rumour that HK Models may do a 1/48 Lanc, which is a whole lot more practical than a 1/32 Lanc.

Anyway. if you could do a special set, I'd be interested. Or, if you could do a set of decals to make up particular codes that would work too.

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Re: Hawkeye Avro Lancaster "G for George"

Postby scotty100368 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:39 am

Sure Adam, I can do a supplementary decal for W4984 for you - but it'll have to be laser printed onto a white decal sheet.

Do you have or know of any photos of it?

Did it have any specific markings like Nose Art or a Mission Tally, etc?
Scott Garard
former QF ramper (Thanks alot AJ!)
now Aust Post van driver
scotty100368

Return to Product Announcements