Vale Graeme Harris

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Vale Graeme Harris

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:50 pm

It is with the most amazing sadness I let you guys know that Graeme Harris passed away last Thursday. He was one of the founding members of this forum, a great modeller, an all round nice bloke and he was my mate. I am truly shattered with this news but I find comfort knowing that he's with his darling wife and gorgeous dog. I spent a lot of time with Graeme when I was doing FIFO in Townsville and the amount of shit we'd talk was unbelieveable. I also spent many an hour combing through his enormous stash and he managed to relieve me of quite a lot of cash in doing so. I truly regret not calling him last week when I said I would cos I'm an airhead. Graeme mate I know you're up there with Dorothy so say hi and give Orphy a pat for me. Rest In Peace my dear friend :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by hrtpaul on Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Vale Graeme Harris

Postby tor lives » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:54 pm

Wow......I am utterly shocked, stunned, and deeply saddened at hearing this news :(
Rest in peace Graeme
TOR :(
tor lives

Postby VH-WAL » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:15 pm

Graeme we were on the opposite sides of the continent rarely met but remained in touch, was the dog dying the last straw I wonder, all the best mate, you will stay on my mind

Wal
VH-WAL

Postby oz rb fan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:47 am

like Paul i am gutted,it only seemed like yesterday that i chatted to him online,,,,,Graeme you were one in a million a great modeler a great mate to have a chat to and most of all a great human being and one of life's true gentlemen i know you are where your wife and Orphy are and enjoying a long walk on the beach rest well my friend and know you are in our thoughts.
oz rb fan

Postby Wedgetail » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:33 am

I have just received the sad news regarding the passing of Graeme from his Son Matthew. I can't put into words the immense sadness I feel that I can no longer talk with him like we used to do.
It was only just a bit over a week that Graeme phoned me for a long chat, now he's gone, a truly great gentleman and a modelling friend from my Townsville Model Club days back in the 1980's.
RIP my life long friend, may your happiness with Dorothy and Orphy continue to wherever your next course takes you.
Wayne&Yvette.
Wedgetail

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:36 pm

Very sorry to learn this news of the passing of a fine gentleman from our community. He will be very much missed.
Thanks Paul for bearing this sorry news - that can't have been easy.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby erussell » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:08 pm

A really nice guy and helpful as well. He will indeed be missed.
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Postby TheChronicOne » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:05 am

No way!!!! Oh, now, this sucks..... Graeme was really good to me. He was one of the first to welcome me here when I showed up and took a genuine interest in my projects and made me feel welcome. That's not to say others weren't doing the same, but it just seems like he would go the extra mile to be a great person and I suspect this was the case in all aspects of his life. One really nice thing he did for me was to take the time to copy a bunch of files over of airliner model building reference material and send it on over here to Oklahoma, USA and wouldn't even take a dime for shipping. That's real class right there. That type of action can be time consuming and rather dull so to go out of his way to copy all that stuff, load it on a drive, making shipping arrangements, etc. was a testament to his character and willingness to help not only individually but in a meta sense to help nourish the hobby at large. Like I said, true class. The world needs more Graemes and he will definitely be missed.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Return to Model Talk