Model Expo 2024

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Model Expo 2024

Postby tor lives » Sat May 04, 2024 11:59 am

So is anything happening from an A/CAM perspective.....for Model Expo 2024????
TOR
tor lives

Re: Model Expo 2024

Postby BradG » Sun May 05, 2024 12:33 pm

I asked 2 months ago and never got an answer.
BradG

Postby BradG » Sun May 05, 2024 6:01 pm

I checked the Expo website and ACAM are not listed as a contributing club, so I guess the answer is no.

While on the topic of expo, it looks like the show has taken a hit in terms of traders and clubs; only 3 clubs listed as participating and several traders, Metro in particular missing from the traders page. I know costs have increased; $50 per swap and sell table, it's now $10 to get into the swap and smell and considering there are still 30 tables for it available, costs might be putting people off. Traders over the weekend have also taken a hit on pricing. It also seems that there is now a cost for club tables which I'm not sure is going enthuse clubs to participate without getting a slice of the pie.

$15 for your first model entered now, up from $5 and $2 every additional model. I wondering if that might put a few people off entering.

Lost traders over the last few years; Runway 13, Adelaide Molding and Casting, CMA, Brunell Hobbies, Model Emporium (going to the train show on the same weekend now), Hobby HQ, Randell Wilson Art, Firestorm Hobbies, ModelArt, Hawkeye Models, Ronnels Hobbies, Hylands Books, Metro Hobbies (not currently listed but not sure if website has been updated).

Now quite a few of those traders have gone out of business, but this has got to be hurting Expo along with the increasing costs of tables, insurance, trophies and hire of the venue. I can feel that there might be some change coming in future.
BradG

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Mon May 06, 2024 8:22 pm

OK gents....I guess I really should respond to the question..

I have been absolutely under the pump for at least the last 6 months with my Tiger Moth, so anything modelling related has taken a seat that is not even on this bus. Unfortunately that means expo - I haven't organised anything and won't get the chance to. Hopefully next year, but we'll see.
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby tor lives » Tue May 07, 2024 3:56 pm

BradG wrote:I checked the Expo website and ACAM are not listed as a contributing club, so I guess the answer is no.

While on the topic of expo, it looks like the show has taken a hit in terms of traders and clubs; only 3 clubs listed as participating and several traders, Metro in particular missing from the traders page. I know costs have increased; $50 per swap and sell table, it's now $10 to get into the swap and smell and considering there are still 30 tables for it available, costs might be putting people off. Traders over the weekend have also taken a hit on pricing. It also seems that there is now a cost for club tables which I'm not sure is going enthuse clubs to participate without getting a slice of the pie.

$15 for your first model entered now, up from $5 and $2 every additional model. I wondering if that might put a few people off entering.

Lost traders over the last few years; Runway 13, Adelaide Molding and Casting, CMA, Brunell Hobbies, Model Emporium (going to the train show on the same weekend now), Hobby HQ, Randell Wilson Art, Firestorm Hobbies, ModelArt, Hawkeye Models, Ronnels Hobbies, Hylands Books, Metro Hobbies (not currently listed but not sure if website has been updated).

Now quite a few of those traders have gone out of business, but this has got to be hurting Expo along with the increasing costs of tables, insurance, trophies and hire of the venue. I can feel that there might be some change coming in future.

Thanks for that info Brad.....its appreciated, (but concerning :( )
TOR
tor lives

Postby tor lives » Tue May 07, 2024 3:59 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:OK gents....I guess I really should respond to the question..

I have been absolutely under the pump for at least the last 6 months with my Tiger Moth, so anything modelling related has taken a seat that is not even on this bus. Unfortunately that means expo - I haven't organised anything and won't get the chance to. Hopefully next year, but we'll see.

Fair enough Damo.....after the last 12 months or so, I can certainly appreciate how real life can get in the way of things.
We can only do what we can do.....I can use the time to actually get back to modelling, and get something finished.
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Wed May 08, 2024 8:59 am

I was going to be a no show this year due to other commitments (first time of a few years), looking forward to next year's display now!
Ray

RayS

Postby RayS » Wed May 08, 2024 9:01 am

tor lives wrote:
BradG wrote:I checked the Expo website and ACAM are not listed as a contributing club, so I guess the answer is no.

Thanks for that info Brad.....its appreciated, (but concerning :( )

I know Hawkeye had stopped getting his own table years ago due to the cost and was piggy backing with Frank on the ModelArt table for some years. Now that Frank's gone you most likely won't see Pete at Expo again.
Ray

RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Wed May 08, 2024 10:12 pm

RayS wrote:I was going to be a no show this year due to other commitments

That's reason enough to cancel the A/CAM table :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Thu May 09, 2024 5:46 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
RayS wrote:I was going to be a no show this year due to other commitments

That's reason enough to cancel the A/CAM table :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank so much Paul :lol:

I am prepping for a trip to Europe with a visit to RIAT being a big part of the trip.
Ray

RayS

Next

Return to Model Talk