Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby TheChronicOne » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:02 am

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:
TheChronicOne wrote:
Migrant wrote:Ooh, nice. Wish someone would do the Trislander in 1/72 (except you, Roden...)

:lol: Yeah, I don't have that kind of money laying around, either.

Even regular Islanders are a bit difficult to find these days. I have a sealed Philippines "Defender" that I really enjoy because I got it cheap, and I've seen the asking prices for them these days.... :?

That's 'cos I'm hoarding them in my stash....well, 7 of them, anyhow..

Ah!! :mrgreen: Well, see, they "recently" re-boxed that one, yeah? 2006? Nothing is stopping them from doing so again in their "classic" series or whatever they're calling it now when they re-release old molds. That would be pretty neat because these clo... people asking $65 for on on eBay will still be clutching them at Universal Heat Death if I have anything to say about it. Speaking of Airfix..... I can't wait to get ahold of the new Mitchell. :D
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby Migrant » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:11 am

Latest acquisitions. They look pretty good in the box. Mind you, don't they all...

Mike G
____
Calgary, AB, Canada
Migrant

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:38 am

Migrant wrote:Latest acquisitions. They look pretty good in the box. Mind you, don't they all...

I picked up the Air Baby at Expo...VH-UXR boxing, though..
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby tor lives » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:51 am

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:I picked up the Air Baby at Expo...VH-UXR boxing, though..

Hope it's better than that bloody horrendous 707 you picked up a couple of years ago :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:12 am

tor lives wrote:
Cap'n Wannabe wrote:I picked up the Air Baby at Expo...VH-UXR boxing, though..

Hope it's better than that bloody horrendous 707 you picked up a couple of years ago :D
TOR

It'd have to be....it came from a *reputable* seller! :lol:
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:10 pm

TheChronicOne wrote:
Cap'n Wannabe wrote:
TheChronicOne wrote: I can't wait to get ahold of the new Mitchell. :D

I have it and it's EPIC :D :D :D :D :D
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:18 pm

I finally got one. After years of searching and not having the cash, that all changed. My 120mm Spook figure has arrived :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Also picked this up from Red Roo. It'll be a 75Sqn machine and it just so happens it flew over POM 8-) 8-) Sill got to get their P-38F but I have a sneaking suspicion it will be waiting for me when I get home from my next tour in POM :D
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby TheChronicOne » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:56 am

Arrived safely at the house today....

I'm going to TRY.. to turn this into another fighter-liner with Air France livery. :twisted:

Had one of these on the radar for quite some time.... finally snagged one that fell into my price range. (Under $30 total, and this was all of that at $29.99 but free shipping) I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this one, but I'll likely make it OOB. At some point I'm going to buy another version with the radial engines and put Slovakian markings on it.

Snagged a much larger cutting mat recently as well.... $12 and free shipping, why not? Not sure what time of day it arrived but it was missed and I found it at 3:30 in the morning when I went out to move my truck for work. A bit astonished a crackhead didn't run off with it.

1/144 aircraft for scale; current in progress Tristar and last year's "what-if" Air California BAC-111.

More stuff coming... I kind of got carried away... it's been a good while since I've been able to spend any money on anything other than stuff here and there but I threw caution to the wind and made some purchases and just hope it doesn't bite me on the ass. Vet bills coming up for my puppy dog which means I have no clue how much I need but I've saved back for it. BUT, if something breaks at work my house of cards could come tumbling down thanks to the styrene demon. :twisted: Risky business. :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby Ansett A330 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:18 pm

TheChronicOne wrote:Image
I'm going to TRY.. to turn this into another fighter-liner with Air France livery. :twisted:

Air France livery? Bon deuil Charlie Brown! Don't you mean one of these in Air France livery?

Ansett A330

Postby TheChronicOne » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:57 pm

:lol: :lol:

That's just it, it's a Piss-take. :lol: Honestly, it's not my idea. Someone saw my B-Cal F-4 Phantom and suggested it. Whether or not they were mistaken, however, I don't know and didn't investigate. I just took the idea and ran with it. They also mentioned an Alitalia Mirage 2000 though so I think they knew exactly what they were doing. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Good fun.... I'm not sure the decals will fit on but we'll give 'er a go.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk