AZ Model Spitfire UTI, RS Models Airspeed Envoy and Zlins.

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

AZ Model Spitfire UTI, RS Models Airspeed Envoy and Zlins.

Postby RHB785 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:58 pm

:D, I received my AZModel Spitfire MkIX UTI and an RS Models Airspeed Envoy and RS Models Zlin ZXIII which also includes a zlin ZXII kit in the same box yesterday arvo right on 5 o'clock. The Zlin XIII is tiny. I thought the Mraz Sokols were tiny but this thing is a miniature compared to them. The Spitfire will be built in the what if scheme of the Talinn DOSAAF aeroclub in the mid 1950s while the Envoy will be built in the colours of Charles Ulm's Envoy in which he attempted his ill fated record crossing of the Pacific in 1934 disappearing somewhere between Oakland California and Hawaii. the Zlin ZXIII will be built as the single seater option. The 2 seater option is the same airframe converted to a two seater, or perhaps it was the other way around. The ZXII will be built as the only option available. The quality of these kits is very good even though they are short run injection moulded. I now have about 8 days off so I'll take some photos and do an inbox review on each of the kits.

Regards,
Ross.
RHB785

Return to Model Talk