Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:28 am

The latest purchase was the re-released 1/72 Airfix Beaver :) No idea why it says 1/144 on the pic though :? :? :?
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:42 am

Another couple of models arrived this last week. The first being a 1/72 Hasegawa Tornado F.3 which will be in 1435Flt colours as part of my Falklands theme.

The second one is the 1/72 Revell Single seat Typhoon

This jet will be in the colours of Anarchy 1, the RAF Typhoon display aircraft. I just have to find the decals.

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:58 pm

I'm not into Eurotrash but I do like the Ferrari 458 and I finally managed to get hold of a kit without selling a kidney. It'll be red of course :)

hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:10 pm

Got a few things from my LHS Models and Hobbies 4 U recently. Firstly a '63 Corvette. I have always liked the shape of the '63 and had to have this one.

Then today I picked up the following. I had been eyeing off the Egg C-17 from Meng for ages so thought it was time to stop procrastinating.

Lastly I had been waiting for a very long time for this kit to be released. It's the DDA HQ GTS Monaro. I got the stock one but there are a couple of other versions as well. For the $70 it cost me, it's great value as the kit is extremely comprehensive.

It will be the 1973 colour Purr-Pull with white GTS stripes. I'm hoping Scott from SMS Paints brings this colour out in the future adding to his automotive colours. This it the scheme I'm going for.

I also have on hold for me another HQ from the same company but this time it's slammed and has a blown big block under the bonnet. Unsure what colour it will be but it'll look tough AF on the shelf

If DDA ever bring out some Toranas then I'll be screwed :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by hrtpaul on Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:28 pm

I don't normally buy targets, I mean armour but this is a special occasion. I'm building the Leopard in honour of a mate that passed away last week. Will was an avid military modeller and loved his German military machinery. So this Leopard is gonna be built OOB as a German version and will be started very shortly. R.I.P. Will

hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:39 pm

Had these arrive yesterday :)

Been hanging for this 1/48 sheet as I can finally do my favourite QF-4E and the last F-4 to fly in US Service

This is the jet

Some pretty coloured USAF Test jets in 1/72

And finally this sheet.

I now have all the decals to build all these jets in 1/72

hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:04 pm

Cos you can NEVER have too much Phantom goodness, some more decals arrived yesterday. There's 3 ex RAAF jets on this sheet and they're in cool schemes too :)

hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:14 pm

DeHavilland's 1:1 DH82A Tiger Moth. Very hard to find kit...

And yes, I did buy it.
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:36 am

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:DeHavilland's 1:1 DH82A Tiger Moth. Very hard to find kit...

And yes, I did buy it.

Not bad at all mate. Though I don't think you exhaust staining quite right and the red in the fin flash is 2.4687 shades too dark. Otherwise a cracker effort :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hrtpaul

Postby BradG » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:11 pm

Between hobby shops and train shows this weekend.

BradG

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk