Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:37 pm

BradG wrote:Ah I did wonder who bought the stuff I linked too at the museum. Half price than from the LHS, was a good buy.

That Meteor was about the only bargain. Most of the other stuff was priced shall we say, to quote The Castle "tell him he's dreamin".
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby BradG » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:42 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
BradG wrote:Ah I did wonder who bought the stuff I linked too at the museum. Half price than from the LHS, was a good buy.

That Meteor was about the only bargain. Most of the other stuff was priced shall we say, to quote The Castle "tell him he's dreamin".

Yeh I know. I have tried to help the guys in the shop with what to buy, what can be priced good and still make a profit etc but it just falls on deaf ears at that joint. I even told them if they were throwing any books or magazines away to give me a ring as I had a guy who'd take it all and even make a donation, but one day I went down there to find a huge dumpster full of books and magazines that they threw away!....then they went and bitched that Wings cost them a couple of hundred bucks (which it did not).
BradG

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:42 am

Picked up these three off FB..

Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:39 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:Picked up these three off FB..

Was wondering if you'd seen those
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:16 pm

These are my purchases over the last 4-6 weeks. Not as many as usual but unemployment will have that effect on the bank balance

Yes I know, another Scooter

And another Skyline

The first subject of my WW2 PNG theme and should be started soon

This one will be an civvie Argy machine

I finally got me a Concorde

I picked up the Belcher Bits 412 conversion for this kit

I also picked this up on a whim really. But alas thanks to our mate Covid I'll have to wait 6 weeks till I can pick it up

Stay safe peeps :)
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:11 pm

Picked up these over the last few weeks

hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:41 pm

Hi. My name is Paul and I haven't bought a Skyline or other car kit in 6 weeks. I did however get this from Mark at Spruefinders a few days ago.
hrtpaul

Postby Ansett A330 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:16 pm

Ha ha ha! Modeller’s Anonymous. Love it!
Ansett A330

Postby VH-WAL » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:12 pm

I had a big cull of kits in the last 3 years, must have got shot of 75% of it..it was something I needed to do for my mental health! The pressure of having all those kits to build! Since then I have been very good buying very little but waiting for me when I get home are 3vAVF vacforms, 1/72 Viscount, Britannia and Comet 4. though what I really want is the AVF VC10. I picked up the vacs cheap, not at stupid collector prices. Also waiting a Hasegawa 1/72 F-15 a purchase inspired by my Lakenheath visits. In the UK I have picked up a Zvesda SU27, in spired by its RIAT demo last year and unbelievable an Airfix 1/48 late mark spitfire! I must have got bored in lock down and just wanted to buy something! I have Never built /completed a Spitfire model in my life, unbelievable but true, I am already wondering whether this one will get started!
First things first after getting home from quarantine I have some unfinished projects to knock over.an Argonaut and DC7C there are a couple more but I have forgotten what they are! What I am itching to start is the old Airfix hercules to stretch into a civil L100. Which reminds me the only thing Iam hankering to buy is the imminent Zvesda C130..but I'd rather have an AVF VC10 though.
VH-WAL

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:10 pm

Well that didn't last long. This turned up today :)
hrtpaul

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk