Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby RayS » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:15 am

These came last week, Razorcrest for me and Millenium Falcon for my son

A bargain at $80 each at HobbyCo as well
Ray

RayS

Postby BradG » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:34 pm

Mail call. A really nice book, including some of the lesser known tanks in German service such as the early war captured French vehicles.

BradG

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:46 pm

This one is all oz rb fan aka Paul's fault. Thruth is I'd been thinking about it for ages and Saturday I thought 'bugger it'. Not too bad a kit given it's 1973 vintage especialy at less than $20 from the LHS.

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:50 pm

I'd forgotten I'd bought this Hunter but it turned up today. I'm stoked the box is in pretty good condition with the plastic window on the back intact. The box is definitely going in a frame eventually. And who doesn't love the 3 colour plastic from your childhood :D :D :D Oh and check out the price on the price tag :o :o :o :o

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:09 pm

This post hernia op time at home is getting expensive :lol: :lol: :lol: First up is this sheet for the current two stage Merlin powered Airfix Mosquito. There's probably around 3-4 schemes I'd like to do including an overall PRU Blue Aussie one

Next to turn up was a trio of 1/72 Airfix Hawks I picked up for $30. Who doesn't love a bargain :)

When I opened the Hawk box I noticed a pleasant surprise in there. Old mate had included a 1/72 Airfix Scottish Aviation Bulldog. Gotta love that 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Wed May 03, 2023 9:32 pm

Now that I've built a tank apparently I have to build more so I bought a couple more. During WW2 the Germans had some cool camo schemes though ultimately it didn't help them win the war. The first is a Tamiya 1/35 Panther Ausf A. I've already got a few aftermarket goodies for it.

The second target is a Tiger 1 Ausf E. Once again there's heaps of cool schemes to be done and no doubt there'll be some AM goodness to be had.

Then I was at the Southern Model Club Show last weekend and picked up these bargains at the swap and smell. First yet another 1/48 AFV Club F-5F for the aggressor theme

And another 1/48 Airfix Spitfire XIV cos who can resist a Griffon powered Spitfire :P :P :P

hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:15 pm

So I may have gone a little nuts at Expo but there were a lot of bargains to be had.Chris from Models and Hobbies 4 U had some great deals all weekend. I picked up 3 of the 1/72 Arma Hobby Hurricane Mk1 for $19 a pop.

I also grabbed a 1/72 Airfix Spitfire MkVb purely cos the included stand is a silhouette of a Spitfire.

Now for the Aggresor stash expansion :lol: :lol: :lol: Who doesn't love an egg plane?

I've been after one of these for a while and it'll be a what if Aggressor

Another Academy T-6 cos they're a great little kit, except for the shit Academy decals

At the swap and smell, the stench wasn't that bad this year, I picked up another PR XIX Spitfire cos they're awesome kits as well as another Mk1 to be a PR conversion. I should've bought more cos at $20 each, they were a steal.

I also grabbed a couple of 1/72 SBS F-4E/F cockpit sets for a measly $10 each

Lastly my not so little man convinced me to buy a Gundam and to tell ya the truth, I've been wanting to have a crack at painting one for a while. If I screw it up it's only $10 down the drain.

We now come to today's additions. Once again Models and Hobbies 4 U managed to relieve me of some cash. I didn't need a second Spitfire MkVb but the lure of the stand was too much. And at $14, how could I not?

And I've been waiting for this to come out. It looks like a great kit with some cool schemes. Mine will be the SAAF machine with the red and white stripes on the vertical stab, same as the boxart.

hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:42 pm

Picked this re-release up from Chris at Models and Hobbies4U, my local.
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:45 pm

Went to the IPMS swap and sell yesterday. There were quite a few bargains and I came away with 3 kits and some half price SMS paints. Firstly I've hunting for this OOP kit for ages that wouldn't cosy me 3 kidneys. Given that the last one I saw advertised for $100, the $50 I paid was a steal. Oz rb fan can now rest easy that I'm not gonna steal his anoymore :lol: :lol: :lol:

The second kit I picked up was this AZmodel Spitfire Tr.8. Once again it was a steal at $15. I've been after one for a while to got with my others to do all the schemes I have in mind 8-)

Lastly this is another kit I've been after for a long time. Picked it up from Mark at Sprue Finders for a bargain $10 8-)

hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:50 pm

A handful of vac kits arrived on my doorstep today..

Top to bottom, all in 1/72:

Vickers Warwick
DeHavilland Dove/Devon
Miles Monitor
Hawker Henley
Saunders Roe London
Short Singapore
Avro York

Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

PreviousNext