Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:51 pm

I had quite a stash waiting for me when I got home yesterday from POM. Yet more cars but a few planes as well. First up the cars.

I built this as a kid and it was my first car ever built. Hopefully it'll look better than the first attempt

I got this for $1 as part of a package deal with the above Beemer. Ugly AF and comes with some unusual items like a vending machine, a teddy bear that's actually got brown flocking already on it, some inline skates, a skateboard and others :? :? :?

Another Skyline. This was cheap with an order from Luckymodel

Now for the planes. I'm not sure why I bought this but I did :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was gonna do this as a PNGDF C-47 with some Hawkeye Decals I got from Modelnerds but this is in fact a proper DC-3. Oh well there's plenty of schemes around for DC-3's out there.

Finally got me one of these awesome 737-300 kits

Now for the decals
Some Fightertown Aggressor/Test aircraft decals

Some nice looking ATP Ethiopian Airlines decals to go with the 737-200 that'll actually be finished one day

Got some nice Argy Lancaster decals as well as Argy Neptune and Skyvan decals which fits with my Falklands theme
https://www.blackbirdmodels.co.uk/argentine-avros-72-1686-p.asp
https://www.blackbirdmodels.co.uk/argentine-neptunes--skyvan-72-2439-p.asp

I also got some Ansett decals of various aircraft in different scales. DC-3, Twin Otter, Skyvan, DC-4, Carvair, Electra and Sandringham are covered. Not sure who did them but I'm happy I grabbed a set. Sorry no pic :oops: :oops: :oops:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Pick another one of these Spitfire kits up cheap

And I've been looking for this one for a while. Who doesn't love a shoebox? :) :) :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Ansett A330 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:25 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:Still have to upload photos from ScaleACT so can't show the "haul" until the iPhone decides to play the game ...

OK so finally found some time to upload some photos of the "haul" from ScaleACT.

First of all a very big THANK-YOU to Graeme for the trip and sorry I wasn't much of a Number Two Driver what with all the Aches and Pains from the seven and a half weeks of moving House and "zeroing" the old place.

So first cab off the rank (that is after we put in the stuff we had for Sale in the as usual well organised ScaleACT Sale Room) as usual was a visit to Frank's stand to get some back issues for the Brisvegas Library and then the CQ Library :

Then it was time to rat through the Kits that Frank had for Sale which yielded the following :

By which time the queue for the Smell, Sloth, and Flies was well and truly getting longer and longer so we joined the queue and the first run around yielded the following :

Back in the Main Hall and we were lucky enough to have a chat with Mr Horixon Models (sorry can't rmember his Name!) and finally picked up the WRESAT boxing at a great ScaleACT Sale price :

And yes I can't believe I asked "So what is next on the horixon?" not realising this sad Pun that just came out of my mouth!

Lunch time already and somewhat unbelievably Graeme and I ran into someone from Townsville that we hadn't seen for years so we spent most of the rest of the day chatting with Chris and finding out what he's been up to for the last 15 or so years and how the hell he ended up in Canberra!

Late in the day we had another run through the S, S, and F and found the following :

So on to Day 2 and again made an after Lunch run through the S, S, and F and some people had dropped their prices (we did too actually) and I couldn't resist the following :

The Oxford was a Pressy for "Rabbit Leader" for his efforts co-hosting the "Frog Squad" Group Build that I was trying to get the Python Lincoln done for.

Also lashed out on these books :

Sitting down at the Lunch Tables after that I nearly fell over sitting down at the Table (truth be told I wasn't the first or last to trip over those Tables!) and disturbed someone who was reading. After apologising for disturbing his reading he commented on the Halifax (which I had bought for the princely sum of $5 as it supposedly had parts missing but I couldn't see what) and we then talked for ages as he turned out to be none other than the resident A4 expert on Brit Modeller. He was chuffed to meet someone from Brit Modeller as well.

Back in the Main Hall then near the end of the day and one of the Vendors had some old kits (including would you believe an Airfix 737 but I think I have enough of those already!) and this one revealed itself for a reasonable price :

I thought I'd better get it even though the Revell one is probably better and I had passed up a rather expensive Toltoys boxing in the S, S, and F the previous day.

Monday was heading Home day and we had a great run from Canberra to Injune :

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Canberr ... 25.8457513

1248 kilometers in a Day isn't too bad at all.

Once again many thanks to Graeme and we may not be back for a third year as I think we might try and target Telford in 2020 so unless ScaleACT changes it's date it's the UK or bust in 2020.

P.S. And yes I was one of those who had a couple of things go missing in the Sale Room. The monetary value wasn't much but it's sad that there are those that seek to gain by stealing rather than paying the relatively small amount for a bargain. Note well that this hasn't in any way influenced me in not going again next year it's just that it's time to go to Telford again after first going over there with Graeme (whose been to more Telfords than I've probably got Fingers and Toes) 15 years ago.
Ansett A330

Postby TheChronicOne » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:14 am

Brilliant. Yes... shame about thieves. I'd be hot. That's one of my peeves. Liars, thieves, people that accuse me of either, etc. But what're we gon' do when you don't witness the act.

Sweet wares.... a few new things I don't recognize like the 181.

Telford will be sweet. That's like.... the model show Mecca isn't it? You might even catch up with some old over seas friends.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby F-27pax » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:31 am

I don't normally post to this thread (it would give away how much stuff I buy) but today's arrivals are too exciting not to mention. What we have here from Arctic Models are two 1/144 resin kits for deHavilland DH-86s, for one DH-89 and a Percival Q9. The plan is for the DH-86s to be made in Qantas Empire Airways and Australian National Airways markings, for the DH-89 to be in the markings of Airlines (WA) and the Q9 to be in DCA markings. They don't look like terribly difficult kits to make, apart from the tiny propellers and the markings on airlines of this age were minimal. I'm particularly excited by the DH-86 kits as they allow me to now start on another set I've wanted to make for some time, of all the major QEA and Qantas aeroplanes in its fleet, starting with the DH-86 and running now through to the A.350-1000 - if the news releases are to be believed. Do you think I need to get two more DH-86s to make the Carpenter and MMA ones too?

F-27pax

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:57 am

My last purchase for 2019. Merry Xmas peeps :)
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:15 am

So I've been buying a few cars of late as you guys know so I thought I'd continue that trend. This time it is a 1/1 scale 2012 X Trail Ti 4WD I bought the Missus to replace her POS, busted ar$e and ancient AF Berlina. Done a few small things to it since getting it just before Xmas with a few more bigger things to go to set it up for some offroading fun. Not a true 4WD but from all the reading I've done, they are still very good off road. Bloody nice car to drive which is handy.Taking it away to Yarrawonga for a week when I get home from POM so we'll see how it goes :)

hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:50 pm

First purchase of the year. Picked this up yesterday :)
hrtpaul

Postby Uros » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:14 am

I took a gamble with decals and... They have arrived! So then I needed a model too. Have it! Now im finding it really dificoult to resist starting it.
So many models so little time.
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Postby oz rb fan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:43 am

just packed up a HPH Let L-200 Morava in 1/48 scale....now does someone do the decals for the Ansett-ANA Morava in 1/48 ?
oz rb fan

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk