Woohoo! I'm in and welcome all and thanks

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Woohoo! I'm in and welcome all and thanks

Postby AndrewDoppel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Well guys, it has actually happened.

Can I firstly congratulate Ray for getting this site up and running for you airlinerheads and those that think they are (Paul-you remember those Phantoms don't you? :lol: ). I know you have put an enormous amount of time and your own money into getting this up and running and I'm glad you asked me for advice on some aspects. I still think your username should be Execu-TOR when online.

Secondly, I'd like to thank Ray and those others for volunteering me as a moderator for the site. This ability to moderate here and on AMI gives me the right to stop any outlandish or derogotory comments on either site against each other. I have already told Ray that this will be one of my privisos of being a moderator here and I hope that you all (and I'm sure you will) accept and appreciate that. Remember, AMI for all of us is where this has now developed from and you did have fun there in the past.

Now, in saying this I don't know what happened the other day and who posted that A/CAM was up and running on AMI, but I understand some comments made were inappropriate. I don't know what they were and I don't particularly care as they were deleted but David Harvey has graciously left the link there for those who want to take a look at this site.

Welcome all, enjoy the site and hopefully we can co-exist together.

Regards

Andrew
Last edited by AndrewDoppel on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Re: Woohoo! I'm in and welcome all and thanks

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:17 pm

AndrewDoppel wrote:(Paul-you remember those Phantoms don't you? :lol: )

I can assure you Andrew that I more than remember what a Phantom is my friend 8-)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby AndrewDoppel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Good! I'd hate to see the military enthusist within you lost.

Oh, and I'll try to get on here as often as I possibly can when not working.
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:36 pm

AndrewDoppel wrote:Good! I'd hate to see the military enthusist within you lost.

Never gonna happen mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:49 pm

AndrewDoppel wrote:Well guys,

Can I firstly congratulate Ray for getting this site up and running for you airlinerheads and those that think they are (Paul-you remember those Phantoms don't you? :lol: ). I think Ray's user name should be Execu-TOR when online.

Secondly, I'd like to thank Ray and those others for volunteering me as a moderator for the site. This ability to moderate here and on AMI gives me the right to stop any outlandish or derogotory comments on either site against each other. I have already told Ray that this will be one of my privisos of being a moderator here and I hope that you all (and I'm sure you will) accept and appreciate that. Remember, AMI for all of us is where this has now developed from and you did have fun there in the past.

Now, in saying this I don't know what happened the other day and who posted that A/CAM was up and running on AMI, but I understand some comments made were inappropriate. I don't know what they were as they were deleted but David Harvey and I don't particularly care but he has graciously left the link there for those who want to take a look at this site.

Welcome all, enjoy the site and hopefully we ca co-exist together.

Regards

Andrew

A very warm and formal welcome to you Andrew. It is great to have you here, and I consider it a huge privilege and honour to have you as one of our two esteemed Site Officers. As mentioned elsewhere, you have extensive experience and a well-respected background and pedigree in the Model site moderation role...which is why I wanted you as part of the A/CAM management team from the outset.
You make some very good points in your opening statement, and I stand behind you 100%.
As you have pointed out, I think we should never forget that we were/are all AMIers who shared many enjoyable hours over many years interacting and enjoying each other's company on the AMI site. For a long time now David Harvey provided us all with a wonderful model site at his own expense, (and geez, can't I relate to that now :D ), and for that I offer him my public thanks and gratitude...I indeed look back on my many years as an AMI member with (mostly) good memories and much fondness. David, if you are reading this, my offer still stands and you are most welcome to be an A/CAM member if you so choose. (especially given that very sexy red civvie mustang you built).
I don't wish to harbour any ill-will or dwell on any unpleasantness that may have occurred in the recent past, and I look forward to the day when AMI and A/CAM are seen as two great Australian model sites working closely together in partnership to jointly promote this great hobby of ours. When you think about it folks, we all have much in common....we are all modellers.
So let's all "lay down our guns" and begin a new era of peaceful co-existence, harmony, and cooperation together.
Once again, welcome to the A/CAM management team Andrew.
Ray
PS: VLATs rule :D
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:15 am

Hi Andrew

Great to see you here. I'm always impressed with those modellers that go the extra mile and take what can often be the hard road to achieve a certain result. You are one of those sort of modellers and I do get inspiration from your builds.
Your Constellation is stunning. Can I ask what you used for the gloss white? I'm needing to become a instant expert in laying down a decent gloss white and gloss red (did I just hear several thuds as airliner modellers all dropped to the floor in rapturous laughter?).
Lacquer paints could be the most hard wearing I understand. I want to steer clear of these if I can and use either acrylic or say Tamiya rattle cans - what's your experience?

This is a new modelling era with the launch of A/CAM. There is a great line in one episode of Star Wars - "Your focus determines your reality". I see A/CAM as a very focused site to foster and encourage civie aircraft modelling in particular, which will hopefully spur us all along to bigger and better modelling challenges.

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby AndrewDoppel » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanks Ray and Adam.

Now Adam, you're just going to have to swap to enamels on this one my friend as the white is Model Masters 'Classic white' in the bottle thinned 50/50 and sprayed in about five or six light coats, rubbed down with micro mesh and then Futured. I am about to rub her down again to remove a couple of blemishes and then re-apply another few coats of Future before completing the round windows with clear glue, dull down the wings a tad and give them a panel wash. May re-attempt to fix the nose wheel too.
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Return to Model Talk