Reference Request: Qantas DC-10

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Reference Request: Qantas DC-10

Postby tor lives » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi all,
In late 1987 Qantas dry-leased DC-10 30CF PH-MBT from Martinair of Holland. She was leased to cover a capacity shortage over the 87-88 Christmas period, and during the time of lease she reportedly carried small Qantas titles at doors L1 and L2 on, what was otherwise, the standard Martinair colour scheme of the day.
I was wondering if, by chance, anyone happens to have a clear photo of this aircraft carrying her Qantas titles, as I wish to build the only DC-10 to have ever been definitively operated by Qantas? (not including Freighters).
I have got one shot of her in Qantas service, (courtesy of aussieairliners.org), however the Qantas titles are not really clearly visible in this shot.
I have checked all the usual sources, but have found nothing.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
TOR
tor lives

Re: Reference Request: Qantas DC-10

Postby VH-WAL » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:37 pm

tor lives wrote:Hi all,
In late 1987 Qantas dry-leased DC-10 30CF PH-MBT from Martinair of Holland. She was leased to cover a capacity shortage over the 87-88 Christmas period, and during the time of lease she reportedly carried small Qantas titles at doors L1 and L2 on, what was otherwise, the standard Martinair colour scheme of the day.
I was wondering if, by chance, anyone happens to have a clear photo of this aircraft carrying her Qantas titles, as I wish to build the only DC-10 to have ever been definitively operated by Qantas? (not including Freighters).
I have got one shot of her in Qantas service, (courtesy of aussieairliners.org), however the Qantas titles are not really clearly visible in this shot.
I have checked all the usual sources, but have found nothing.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
TOR

The Martinair DC10 used to fly Qantas Singapore services from Perth, I have pictures but no Qantas titles on it, I think it had small titles over the doors. Chuckle I remember once having the cancel the aircraft SID off Runway 21 with an early right turn to fly over the City.. switchboard lit up with calls..
VH-WAL

Postby RayS » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:15 pm

The Aussie Airliners.org image is the only one I have seen as well.

I found another image on Flickr, Click the image to zoom in and you will see the 'On Leased to QANTAS' above the first 2 doors (just!) QANTAS looks like in the airline font.

Another door image

Ray

RayS

Postby tor lives » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:08 pm

RayS wrote:The Aussie Airliners.org image is the only one I have seen as well.

I found another image on Flickr, Click the image to zoom in and you will see the 'On Leased to QANTAS' above the first 2 doors (just!) QANTAS looks like in the airline font.

Another door image

Both photos are really useful....thanks so much Ray.
TOR
tor lives

Return to Model Talk