Project A320

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Project A320

Postby tor lives » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:32 pm

F-27pax wrote:Now you tell me!!! Oh well, too late now. Just don't tell anyone else please.

Still looks great Leigh.
TOR
tor lives

Postby F-27pax » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:57 pm

Here's another one. I had a few decal sets for French registered A.320s and this was, I thought, the most colourful. Since Air Inter has now been taken over by Air France F-GGEE now flies in Air France livery. A tempting idea, but perhaps not. Having done an inventory of the A.320s yet to be made in the Grand Plan and what I have I find that I have some spare decal sets. They are for Air Inter (I had two sets), Air Corsica, Air France, Aircalin and Transavia A.320s and Air China and Agile Azur A.321s. Free to a good home so if you're interested let me know.

F-27pax

Postby RayS » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:09 pm

Anther nice 320 Leigh, they should have kept the A300 scheme for them, larger bands of the base colour over the whole fuselage
Ray

RayS

Postby Graeme H » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Another beauty there Leigh, keep up the good work
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby F-27pax » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:05 am

Here's four more A.320s about to enter the paint shop. They're the Zvezda kit, which is better than the Revell one, primed in SMS Surfacer Black. This is the first time I've used this primer and I'm pretty impressed with it.

I'm planning to make them all as Jetstar with different logos. So I just need to check a couple of things with the wise (I originally typoed 'wide') folk here. First is that I'm planning to use Tamiya TS-76 Mica Silver on the fuselages and engine pods. Any other suggestions? Second is that most photos I've looked at (and I've looked at a lot) and the Hawkeye instruction sheets tell me that the wings are standard Airbus grey with bare metal leading edges, but I'd swear that some of the photos show the A.320s with silver wings too. I'd like not to be caught again as I was with Ansett A.320s with grey wings. What's the go, if anyone knows.

F-27pax

Postby scotty100368 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:45 pm

F-27pax wrote:...and the Hawkeye instruction sheets tell me that the wings are standard Airbus grey with bare metal leading edges, but I'd swear that some of the photos show the A.320s with silver wings too. I'd like not to be caught again as I was with Ansett A.320s with grey wings. What's the go, if anyone knows.[

Leigh,

They are solid pale grey with coroguard spars on the top surface - here's a pic:

https://australianaviation.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/A320-232_VH-VQK_SYDNEY_19NOVEMBER2014_SETH-JAWORSKI-1170.jpg

I do try to research my decal subjects thoroughly... Cheers!

P.S. The Air Australia decal isn't far away either!
Scott Garard
former QF ramper (Thanks alot AJ!)
now Aust Post van driver
scotty100368

Postby F-27pax » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:24 pm

I don't doubt you Scotty. I was just checking for any of those special livery ones. Here's what I've been working on today, getting the decals onto these four Jetstar A.320s. Mostly Hawkeye decals with a couple from from Oldmodels to make up the set. These are some of the best decals so far from Hawkeye.

F-27pax

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:23 am

Looking great there man. It's a pity old mate at Hawkeye doesn't update his website etc :roll: :roll: :roll:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:14 am

hrtpaul wrote:Looking great there man. It's a pity old mate at Hawkeye doesn't update his website etc :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am the website updater Paul and getting imagery and update details from Mr Hawkeye is like pulling teeth! :) I have asked him a few times for updates to load lately. Pete is busy printing orders these days.

Unfortunately the FB page is dead as the creator (not me or Pete M) can no longer access it due to an old deleted email account that was used to create it, so a new FB page will be created as well (eventually).

We are looking at a new site format that should be easier to update. This one was written in Dreamweaver and I am using Word to update the files before uploading them.
Ray

RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:54 am

RayS wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:Looking great there man. It's a pity old mate at Hawkeye doesn't update his website etc :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am the website updater Paul and getting imagery and update details from Mr Hawkeye is like pulling teeth! :) I have asked him a few times for updates to load lately. Pete is busy printing orders these days.

Unfortunately the FB page is dead as the creator (not me or Pete M) can no longer access it due to an old deleted email account that was used to create it, so a new FB page will be created as well (eventually).

We are looking at a new site format that should be easier to update. This one was written in Dreamweaver and I am using Word to update the files before uploading them.

Not having a crack at you Ray at all. You can only do what you can. Maybe Pete needs to pull his finger out because he's losing sales because of the lack of updates. For instance I know Scott has finished the artwork for the QF 737 freighters but I have no idea if they're available or not. And that's not the only example. Anyways sorry for the thread hijack Leigh :(
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk