Broplan

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Broplan

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:10 am

Hey peeps. Just got the latest email from Aviation Megastore and they are expecting some interesting kits to come into stock from Broplan. If anyone has built one, what are their kits to build? Here are some of the aircraft coming apparently :)

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Broplan

Postby Graeme H » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:05 pm

There is the Sword U-125 which is a Hawker 800, probably easier.
I'm sure our fearless leader will be along to tell us all about his experiences with Broplan kits
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby RayS » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:07 am

Saw a review(ish) on BM and the chap building the S-76 was not kind, The plastic is thin and there were shape issues. The injection moulded parts were poorly formed and he had to scratchbuild replacements for most of the landing gear. He also mentioned the clear parts for the windscreen, etc were difficult to fit.
Ray

RayS

Postby F-27pax » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:16 pm

I've tried to build a couple of Broplan kits but failed. The problems are much as Brad says, and the thin plastic is a real problem. If I was to make another one I'd be tempted to leave all the interior out, that caused too many problems for a Dassault Falcon I tried to make. However, if nobody else is going to offer kits we are stuck with these which is why I have a few in my Treasure, hopeful as always.
F-27pax

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:08 pm

Graeme H wrote:There is the Sword U-125 which is a Hawker 800, probably easier.
I'm sure our fearless leader will be along to tell us all about his experiences with Broplan kits

Already got the Sword kit but would be hard to turn it into a Sikorsky S-76 though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Thanks chaps. Might give them a miss then. Cheers :)
hrtpaul

Return to Model Talk