F-27's models for July

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

F-27's models for July

Postby F-27pax » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:08 pm

Models for July 2020

This month we begin with a feast of four Airbus A.320s. All the Revell 1/144 kit and made with the CFM 56 engines. There’s already been plenty of these and these have been made in the same way as those previous ones.

First an Air Inter A.320 finished using 8A decals. This is the final Air Inter scheme before that airline was acquired by Air France.

Next two Ansett Australia A.320s with the final scheme, provided by Hawkeye with the wing decals by 8A. Since making these I’ve been told by somebody who knows that this batch of A.320s was delivered to Ansett with grey wings rather then the white wings of the earlier batch. Unfortunately, all the photos I looked at did not tell me of this development and Graeme didn’t tell me until it was too late. This is how VH-HYA would have appeared in 2002 it if had had white wings.

I’m not a great fan of one off schemes but could not resist this MASP decal sheet for VH-HYN which flew the Olympic Torch around our wide brown land in the months before the Sydey Olympic Games in 2000. Again, it should have grey rather than white wings but I won’t tell if you don’t. The decals are a combination of MASP, Hawkeye and 8A.

Finally an A.320 in the livery of Strategic Airlines. The decal sheet is from Decales Global and intended for a Luxembourg airline of the same name and livery. I’ve managed most of the amendments that appear on the Australian registered aircraft, VH-YQA is it appeared in 2011, but could not make the little Australian flags that appear on the wing end plates so you will have to imagine them.

This Dewoitine 376 was made from the Azur 1/72 kit. It is a fairly easy kit to make apart from mounting the parasol wing on the fuselage. It is painted overall in Tamiya LP-38 Flat Aluminium and the cowling in Tamiya TS-83 Metallic Silver to give a bit of tonal variety. It represents No 31 in service with AC 1 at Lanveoc Poulmic in 1939.

This BS Design 1/144 Schleicher ASW 28 glider is one of the smallest (if not the smallest) model I’ve ever made. It has only four parts but is not easy to put together because it is so tiny and the parts fit is not great. I added another two parts, the undercarriage doors to give it a slightly greater sense of authenticity. The decals that come with this kit are for the prototype which first flew in 2000.

And here’s one I made earlier, the Condor 1/72 kit of the German A-4 ballistic missile also known as the V-2.

F-27pax

Re: F-27's models for July

Postby Graeme H » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:19 pm

Another great collection the Leigh, don't know how you get so many done in a month
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby RayS » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:43 pm

Graeme H wrote:Another great collection the Leigh, don't know how you get so many done in a month

The secret is to start them in other months (or years) and get them finishing around the same time.

Oh and very nice completions for July Leigh
Ray

RayS

Postby erussell » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:04 am

A nice collection of models.
Those gliders are small in 1/72 so 1/144 must be tiny.
The 1/72 equivalents from CMR typically only have a dozen or so parts but may have a lot of PE bits.
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Return to Model Talk