POS 1/24 Italeri Lambo

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

POS 1/24 Italeri Lambo

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:35 pm

Thought I'd chuck this in here. I started this ages ago as a practice kit for building cars as I didn't wanna screw up 1 of my better kits. I shoulda thrown this 1 in the bin and done a decent kit. It's come out ok but I can't wait for it to be finished so I can do a much nicer kit. This is the first time I've used SMS paint as well as SMS Super Clear. I'll be using this clear for all my car builds as it's brilliant. So here's where I'm at so far. Interior is finished and attached to the floorpan with it on it's wheels. I can't remember how many coats of SMS Marigold Orange and Super clear but it's the shiniest model I've ever done. The paint has been wet sanded all the way to 12000 grit and is ready for a polish. With the restricitions here in Melbourne, I really hope I've got some Meguiars polish in the shed. Once this one is done I think I'll be doing a Tamiya 1/24 R34 Skyline Z-Tune in Midnight Purple 3. Anyways here's some pics :)

Last edited by hrtpaul on Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: POS 1/24 Italeri Lambo

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Well I finished this yesterday. It almost went in the bin but I got it done. There are a few screw ups which the phone mostly hides but overall, I'm reasonably happy. ! screw up involved me snapping the A pillar whilst polishing it :evil: :evil: :evil: I will now however avoid all Italeri car kits like the plague unless they're a rebox for someone elses kit. In real life the car looks way better than the pics. The colour looks a much darker orange than it really is, too saturated. It's more of a yellow orange IRL. I've already started the next car, that being a 1/24 Tamiya R34 Skyline Z-Tune in Midnight Purple 3 but I'll start another thread for that. Anyway onto the pics.

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:21 am

I think she looks great.....you are being way to hard on yourself.
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:07 pm

cant help but agree with TOR...it looks great.
oz rb fan

Postby Graeme H » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Nice result, but you are not the first I have heard say that about Italeri Car kits
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:38 pm

Cheers guys :)
hrtpaul

Return to Model Talk