Tamiya 1/24 Nismo Skyline GT-R Z-tune

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Tamiya 1/24 Nismo Skyline GT-R Z-tune

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:26 pm

Spent most of Saturday in the model cave with my best mate Brock. He finished 5 small Gundams and therefore the first models finished in the new model room. I did a few bits and pieces on the Skyline before giving the polishing a crack. I used Tamiya's Fine polish first andall I can say it wow. I was seriously impressed with the shine. I then I finished off with Tamiya's Finish polish. The shine is next level especially compared to anything else I've ever painted. The pics don't do it justice. Unfortunately being a dark colour, it has shown up a few defects but it's too late to fix em. Anyways here's the pics

Following polishing I put the metal logos on. They're actually decals so don't try to slide them off like stickers *facepalm* Anyway they went on very well.

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Tamiya 1/24 Nismo Skyline GT-R Z-tune

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:47 pm

I finally got this thing finished last weekend, just under a year since I started it. It's also the first model I've finished this year and my first from the new model cave. The sun made a brief appearance but I think I'll get some more pics come summer time. It's an absolute bitch of a colour to take pics of and to me, the pics don't do the colour justice. The body came up even nicer once I'd polished it with Tamiya polishes and I was gonna wax it but CBF'd. There are quite a few mistakes including burning through the clear and paint to primer whilst polishing but I've had a ball whilst learning heaps. With about 12 more Skylines plus a heaps of other car kits in the stash, I won't be running out of cars anytime soon. Anyway here it is 8-) 8-) 8-)

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Previous

Return to Model Talk