Not much Site/Forum activity of late

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Not much Site/Forum activity of late

Postby tor lives » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi A/CAMers..... there has been a significant drop-off in A/CAM Site/Forum activity of late, (while our Facebook page goes gangbusters, with some 2360 members).
As mentioned in the past, if the A/CAM Site/Forum is of no further value or use to the membership, then I will look at shutting it down, and continuing A/CAM exclusively as a Facebook entity only.
I will monitor Site usage over the coming weeks, and make a decision on it's future in the new year.
TOR
tor lives

Re: Not much Site/Forum activity of late

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:24 pm

doing my best mate...but i totally understand.
oz rb fan

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:15 pm

I guess you probably have to take into account good old Covid screwing things up a bit as well man. I've done f*&k all the last 5 months cos I've been pre-occupied with other stuff and starting a new job, which certainly gets in the way of modelling. Plus I haven't been buying that much due to lack of funds so that's reduced my posts on the "What you've bought recently thread" :lol: :lol: :lol: But even so, I check in here everyday to see what's doing. Don't stress about the Facebook numbers vs forum numbers, they'll never be the same. I get that having more peeps on the forum would be great but I still think this forum offers value and merit and would love to see it continue. When I win Powerball tomorrow I'll stump up the running cost for a few years for ya 8-) 8-) 8-)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby erussell » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:54 am

If it is costing you money and giving little return you should close it.
I occasionally look at the Faecbook page. it has very little discussion - it is largely a photo page for 1/144 airliners. Many of them are very nice but, by and large, the pictures are not inspiring. Maybe it is the format. There seems to be very little cross-over between here and there. I have never heard of most of the modellers who post there - lots of spammy looking names!
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Return to Model Talk