Tamiya 1/24 Toyota Supra

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Tamiya 1/24 Toyota Supra

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:58 pm

After the Z-tune Skyline was finished, I was keen to start another car. I wanted to do a Supra just like my Dad had as a kid. His was a 1984 model but unfortunately the Tamiya kit is a 1982/3 model and is as close as I can get. Plus it's LHD too :( :( Anyways it'll do. This is the colour I'll be going for.

I've been looking at all the metallica blues I could find (Gravity Spain, Zero etc) but couldn't find one that I liked or could economically get. I could use real auto paint but the metallic flakes can quite often be too big for a 1/24 car. So I've decided I'll mix some SMS Aggressor Blue into some SMS Silver to get it as close as I can.

Unlike the Skyline, this will be out of the box. This is the kit.

Have a gander at that red plastic :o :o :o It'll need a lot of priming to hide that colour plastic :? :? :?

So I hit it with a quick coat or 2 of Tamiya grey primer just so I could see and then remove the mold lines. They'll be coming off this weekend.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Tamiya 1/24 Toyota Supra

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:32 pm

Some d!cjhead forgot to put the flares on before priming the body :oops: :oops: :oops: After gluing them on I filled some gaps with Mr Surfacer 500. I'm just trying to figure out how to get the primer i ordered from the post office whilst in Iso. Once I have that I'll reprime the body and get some colour onto it.

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to Model Talk