Postimage premium

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Postimage premium

Postby F-27pax » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:08 am

Ever since photobucket started charging for their service I've been using postimage. It seems that they now want money from me to put decent images here, but that's not going to happen since this is about the only time of the months I use that service. They will allow small images but no longer full sized ones. So, instead, I will now put the images of my monthly diary on this group's facebook page but if you want the commentary as well you will have to look on my website, 'Leigh Edmonds Little Box of Stuff'. I guess that means this group will no longer be useful for posting images of any kind, for me at least, so, for example, photos of all the A.320s I've made in the past year and a half will only appear in my website (when I get around to it after our house renovations are finished, but who knows when that will be what with covid and all that).
F-27pax

Re: Postimage premium

Postby oz rb fan » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:38 pm

that sucks balls...i used Flicker for posting images these days....but it make me wonder when they are going to stat charging :?
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:41 pm

F-27pax wrote:Ever since photobucket started charging for their service I've been using postimage. It seems that they now want money from me to put decent images here, but that's not going to happen since this is about the only time of the months I use that service. They will allow small images but no longer full sized ones. So, instead, I will now put the images of my monthly diary on this group's facebook page but if you want the commentary as well you will have to look on my website, 'Leigh Edmonds Little Box of Stuff'. I guess that means this group will no longer be useful for posting images of any kind, for me at least, so, for example, photos of all the A.320s I've made in the past year and a half will only appear in my website (when I get around to it after our house renovations are finished, but who knows when that will be what with covid and all that).

I'm sorry to hear that Leigh, as you are one of the very few regular photo posters left on this site :( .
The A/CAM Facebook page is about to hit 3000 members, (as opposed to the 200 + members of this site).
Despite my putting off the inevitable on several occasions.....it looks like the writing is on the wall for this model website :cry:
Thanks for all you many enjoyable photographic contributions to this site.....they have been appreciated and enjoyed by many.
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:32 pm

oz rb fan wrote:that sucks balls...i used Flicker for posting images these days....but it make me wonder when they are going to stat charging :?

Flickr allow a limited amount of free storage for up to 1000 images which equates to around 3Gig. I use FlickPro as I currently have around 5500 images in my account. So I do pay around US$60 a year for the privilege, but considering I only have one magazine subscription I use use my other subscription funds for image hosting.

There is a Modelling image hosting site that offers free storage which is unlimited I think, but I can't recall the name of the site. I see occasionally images hosted there over on BritModeller posts.
Ray

RayS

Postby scotty100368 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:35 pm

RayS wrote:There is a Modelling image hosting site that offers free storage which is unlimited I think, but I can't recall the name of the site. I see occasionally images hosted there over on BritModeller posts.

This one?

https://hobbyphotohost.com/
Scott Garard
former QF ramper (Thanks alot AJ!)
now Aust Post van driver
scotty100368

Postby Uros » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:41 am

This one is for free.
https://village.photos/
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Postby RayS » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:03 am

scotty100368 wrote:
RayS wrote:There is a Modelling image hosting site that offers free storage which is unlimited I think, but I can't recall the name of the site. I see occasionally images hosted there over on BritModeller posts.

This one?

https://hobbyphotohost.com/

That is it Scotty!
Ray

RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:00 am

F-27pax wrote:Ever since photobucket started charging for their service I've been using postimage. It seems that they now want money from me to put decent images here, but that's not going to happen since this is about the only time of the months I use that service. They will allow small images but no longer full sized ones. So, instead, I will now put the images of my monthly diary on this group's facebook page but if you want the commentary as well you will have to look on my website, 'Leigh Edmonds Little Box of Stuff'. I guess that means this group will no longer be useful for posting images of any kind, for me at least, so, for example, photos of all the A.320s I've made in the past year and a half will only appear in my website (when I get around to it after our house renovations are finished, but who knows when that will be what with covid and all that).

Just post your pics on one of the free sites and then the problem is sorted :? :? :?
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to Model Talk