Important information from AMI ....Urgent Action required

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Important information from AMI ....Urgent Action required

Postby tor lives » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:51 am

Hi guys,
So I have just been over to AMI and seen this....
http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au/forum/ ... d3ec5f3aee
Many of us here at A/CAM started our online model site journey as members of AMI, indeed many of you are still currently AMI members.
It would indeed be a shame to see AMI disappear, so if anyone out there would be prepared to step-up and help save AMI, now is the time to contact Dave Harvey, to save this most significant Model Site.
I myself have given much thought and consideration to adding AMI to the A/CAM stable, but the fact is I am doing all I can just to keep A/CAM going, (and it must be said that A/CAM's future is by no means certain).
It is not a cheap proposition keeping any model site running, but given AMI's history, legacy, and current membership numbers, it would well be worth the effort of trying to keep the site alive.
The era of FB and other social media platforms is absolutely killing the traditional model sites like ours, (I can certainly attest to that fact :( ), but do you really want us to enter the brave new online world of no model sites at all, so soon??......think about it folks, there are just a few traditional model sites left now.
In the meantime I would simply like to say to Dave Harvey, (and Graham Slingers ) ......thanks so much for the many years of enjoyment and entertainment that AMI has bought modellers from around the world.....I, better than most, can appreciate how challenging and difficult running a model site can be.
David.....I wish you and your family all the very best for the future, and I hope that AMI can be saved.
Regards
TOR
tor lives

Re: Important information from AMI ....Urgent Action require

Postby tor lives » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:56 am

Brad G: "That'd be a piece of irony for you, the man who got banned becomes the new owner."

All water under the bridge Brad.....its about maintaining AMI, its history, and its legacy.
TOR
tor lives

Return to Model Talk