Where to from here?

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Where to from here?

Postby Ansett A330 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:46 pm

For those who contribute to the cost of running the Site why not recognise them with Airline style status tier levels such as for example :

$x a year Bronze

$2x a year Silver

$5x a year Gold

$10x a year Platinum
Ansett A330

Postby VH-WAL » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:29 pm

Edited LOL

For those who contribute to the cost of running the Site why not recognise them with Airline style status tier levels such as for example :

$x a year Bag Snatcher

$2x a year Flight Attendant

$5x a year Purser

$10x a year First Officer

only TOR can be Captain
VH-WAL

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:05 pm

BradG wrote:Is the fact that you can post an unedited swastika on the forum worth the money each month to keep it going? The search programs aren't perfect, I moderate several history based pages on facebook along with making my own posts and I've personally only gone to facebook jail for other things, never a swastika and the pages have only gotten a couple of pictures deleted. There is a human behind the system who has to review all reports, there is an appeals section and again, is this a big issues for airliner and aircraft pictures you'd post here? No, it isn't.

The search function is keyword, it works just fine, the problem is the information that people put into their posts, or lack there of. This issue exists on any forum, including here. A post with just a picture and no text will not get picked up by the keyword search anywhere. This is a PEBKAC issue, not a software one. Searching for something you have a "vague" recollection of is a user problem, not an issue with the search software. I'll put it another way; if you can't remember what you're looking for, do you blame your memory or the item you're looking for?

Like many older people who did not grow up with computers, your preference lays with the format you are most familiar, no offence.

As per usual, you know everything so I'll just leave it there as there's absolutely no point whatsoever continuing. But being the Oracle I thought you woulda known more about FB jail, review process etc. Not growing up with computers? Are you effing serious? Shows how much you actually know pal :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyways over to you big fella for the last word :roll: :roll: :roll:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:29 pm

BradG wrote:Like many older people who did not grow up with computers, your preference lays with the format you are most familiar, no offence.

Mate, computers have been around a lot longer than you think...first time I got on the internet was about 1978.
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby Ansett A330 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:11 am

I would have thought you would have fixed it like this :

VH-WAL wrote:
$x a year Bag Snatcher

$5x a year Purser

Son of God LAMEs

Holy Ghost Retired ATCs

God TOR

Ansett A330

Postby VH-WAL » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:40 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:I would have thought you would have fixed it like this :

VH-WAL wrote:
$x a year Bag Snatcher

$5x a year Purser

Son of God LAMEs

Holy Ghost Retired ATCs

God TOR

I like it!
VH-WAL

Postby F-27pax » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:51 am

The other thing I don't like about Facebook is the increasing number of ads there. It may be searchable, but not by those of us who are barely computer literate.

Brad is right that I don't like the facebook format because I am old, crabby and set in my ways. Along with several others I am quite willing to pay for my old fashioned ways. I don't know about others but if I had to pay an annual fee to be part of a collective running this forum I would probably feel inclined to use it more often too. It costs me a little bit each month to enjoy Big Jet TV and I consider it good value for money. It may well be the same for this forum if some of us contribute to its upkeep.

What are your thoughts Mr TOR? How much would you need to be encourage to keep this forum open?

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby Ansett A330 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:43 pm

This is looking like what Lord Hesketh faced at the end of 1975 after he resisted sponsorship for years and funded everything himself (well with his Mother’s money actually!).

Well I ma not doing it with my mother's money, I can assure you.
Ansett A330

Postby tor lives » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:47 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:This is looking like what Lord Hesketh faced at the end of 1975 after he resisted sponsorship for years and funded everything himself (well with his Mother’s money actually!).

Well....I am not keeping this Site alive with my mother's money, I can assure you.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Ansett A330 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:54 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:...

Very strange. That line was not in what I Posted. Is someone hacking Posts?
Ansett A330

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk