AMI

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: AMI

Postby erussell » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:53 pm

There was to be an orderly wind-up of AMI over a few months but the host insisted on the payment of a year's subscription - an offer which was not taken up!

There is a lot of useful information on AMI
The old forum is easily accessible in archive form
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/aussiem ... rnational/
and the now defunct 'new' AMI forum can be found in archive form using a web crawler.

There is a pale shadow of ModelArt on Faecbook - like much of modern day life, anything posted there is ephemeral.
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Postby tor lives » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:37 pm

erussell wrote:There was to be an orderly wind-up of AMI over a few months but the host insisted on the payment of a year's subscription - an offer which was not taken up!

There is a lot of useful information on AMI
The old forum is easily accessible in archive form
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/aussiem ... rnational/
and the now defunct 'new' AMI forum can be found in archive form using a web crawler.

There is a pale shadow of ModelArt on Faecbook - like much of modern day life, anything posted there is ephemeral.

Ed,
As mentioned elsewhere, I was absolutely prepared to let bygones be bygones and just get on with the job of saving AMI.......working with the A/CAM site hosts, we had a plan that would have seen AMI in its entirety, transfer seamlessly and smoothly to this platform. AMI would have continued to function as its own separate entity and brand, as it always had.... with AMI members and sponsors noticing no difference at all. The only change would have been that, behind the scenes, AMI would have become a wholly-owned subsidiary of A/CAM, and I would be the mug paying the bills.
Alas.....I did not even get the courtesy of a return email when I put this proposal forward. The shame of it is that, had this deal been agreed to, AMI would now be up and running as per normal. Hell, I even had a new Site Manager arranged because I am well aware that some of the long-term AMI members may not have taken too kindly to my name being associated with that site, and I just wanted them all to be comfortable. I had no plans of actively participating on the AMI site, (although I would have lifted my own ban, not surprisingly :) ), I just wanted to preserve and maintain it because it was too valuable a resource to lose.
Anyway.....it is what it is.
TOR
tor lives

Postby erussell » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:20 am

That would have been a good solution and it's a shame it didn't happen. However AMI was on a downward trend as far as posts and views were concerned so I think it was maybe better for it to die a natural death. There ia maybe a place for a replacement for ModelArt but it is a lot of work to make little profit. The internet has largely killed magazines and a well-run searchable archived site is a reasonable replacement. This description sure doesn't fit Faecbook.
As far as your name and long term members - well I think all that is largely forgotten and the long term members had mostly dropped off anyway.
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Previous

Return to Model Talk