Who's Heard of Titan Models?

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Who's Heard of Titan Models?

Postby VH-WAL » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:29 pm

Yeah thought about AA 727 but expensive and resin, so no. Thought about the VC10 from mach 2..would do it if there was a nose correction set available. I mean I am not that familiar with the aircraft but even I can see he nose is way off. People want mega bucks for the KMC 727 because it is a collectors piece (which I dont give 2 hoots about,,build it or flog it I say) and I know that nose is way off as well as other things that I have forgotten about.. So looks like I am going to remain unfulfilled!
VH-WAL

Postby tor lives » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:46 pm

VH-WAL wrote:Yeah thought about AA 727 but expensive and resin, so no. Thought about the VC10 from mach 2..would do it if there was a nose correction set available. I mean I am not that familiar with the aircraft but even I can see he nose is way off. People want mega bucks for the KMC 727 because it is a collectors piece (which I dont give 2 hoots about,,build it or flog it I say) and I know that nose is way off as well as other things that I have forgotten about.. So looks like I am going to remain unfulfilled!

Yeah....I have the KMC kit and that nose is not good. I managed to get a spare Heller 707 fuselage that will be the donor source for the replacement front end of the KMC kit. The other issues are all manageable. Once upon a time there was an aftermarket replacement front end for the KMC 727 kit fault, but that option has long since ceased to exist, and the Heller 707 trick is now the only viable and affordable way to correct the KMC kit. I have a custom set of Australian Airlines 727 decals waiting to go for this project.
TOR
tor lives

Postby VH-WAL » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:42 pm

tor lives wrote:
VH-WAL wrote:Yeah thought about AA 727 but expensive and resin, so no. Thought about the VC10 from mach 2..would do it if there was a nose correction set available. I mean I am not that familiar with the aircraft but even I can see he nose is way off. People want mega bucks for the KMC 727 because it is a collectors piece (which I dont give 2 hoots about,,build it or flog it I say) and I know that nose is way off as well as other things that I have forgotten about.. So looks like I am going to remain unfulfilled!

Yeah....I have the KMC kit and that nose is not good. I managed to get a spare Heller 707 fuselage that will be the donor source for the replacement front end of the KMC kit. The other issues are all manageable. Once upon a time there was an aftermarket replacement front end for the KMC 727 kit fault, but that option has long since ceased to exist, and the Heller 707 trick is now the only viable and affordable way to correct the KMC kit. I have a custom set of Australian Airlines 727 decals waiting to go for this project.
TOR

ah nice one like to see that
VH-WAL

Postby Bell209 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:54 am

Mmm - 1/72 KC-30A!
Rob
Bell209

Previous

Return to Model Talk