A/CAM supports the people of the Ukraine

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

A/CAM supports the people of the Ukraine

Postby tor lives » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:03 pm

Let it be known that this site unequivocally and categorically supports the people of the independent Sate of Ukraine.
Ukraine, please know that in your darkest hour, people around the world stand with you.
Brutal, unprovoked, and unjustified Russian aggression will NOT stand. Long after Putin and his gang of thugs and international criminals are gone, Ukraine will prevail.

TOR
tor lives

Re: A/CAM supports the people of the Ukraine

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:40 pm

Amen mate. Putin can go EAD cue *middle finger* emoji :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm currently researching a 1/72 Ukrainian SU-27 to build like this.
Last edited by hrtpaul on Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby BradG » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:52 pm

Russian bastards. Puts things in perspective for me though, as shitty as the last month as been with the house fire and copping an electric shock, well it could be worse.

I think this is also showing just what Australia needs in terms of defensive weapons. Most of if not all Ukraine's fixed radar and air defence systems were knocked out. I'm not sure their air force has gotten into the action much but I did read a Mig 29 pilot has racked up 6 kills against Russian aircraft over Kiev. If I were defence minister I'd be investing in mobile radar and anti air weapons, manpads and man portable anti tank weapons, not to mention a plethora of mobile anti shipping missiles.
BradG

Postby tor lives » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:24 pm

BradG wrote:Russian bastards.

Absolutely agree !!!!.......it takes real guts and heroism to purposely run over a civilian vehicle in your tank :x .
I suspect this will degenerate into a guerrilla warfare situation, and we all know how well that went for the Russkies in Afghanistan and Georgia.
TOR
tor lives

Postby BradG » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:45 pm

I don't see them being armed sufficiently for guerrilla warfare Ray. Those citizen soldiers probably know less about combat than you and me, they are going to get massacred armed only with an AK and few mags. Barely seen any grenades, almost no RPG, the Russians are sure to move in with BMP's not armour in the cities which are susceptible to such shoulder mounted weapons. As we know, in urban fighting the grenade is the weapon of choice, but I think it's already too late. I mean none of the bridges were wired up for demolition, no road blocks, no mining the roads, what are the defence force doing?
BradG

Postby scotty100368 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:24 pm

Something I feel that requires special mention as well:

When is the last time you saw a country's leader being prepared to stand and fight by refusing evacuation and suiting-up for combat instead of hiding/shielding or self-exiling?

He knows full well that the future of a free Ukraine is at stake. It's do-or-die-trying. Massive respect and admiration to the man from all-over the world.

... and this guy used to be a comedian!!! :shock:

More power to the Ukrainians - stand strong!

------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, don't be angry at the Russian people - many are against all this. It's the paranoid Russian Government (i.e. Putin) that's the bad guy here.
Scott Garard
former QF ramper (Thanks alot AJ!)
now Aust Post van driver
scotty100368

Postby tor lives » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:39 pm

scotty100368 wrote:BTW, don't be angry at the Russian people - many are against all this. It's the paranoid Russian Government (i.e. Putin) that's the bad guy here.

A very important point worth keeping in mind.
I am hoping that the Russians will rise up against against this thug Putin and his cronies.
TOR
tor lives

Postby BradG » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:09 pm

Not sure that's the smart thing to do though scotty. Alive he's a thorn in the side of the Russians and still able to perhaps run a government in exile, dead he's well, dead. Lost Kyiv and the government and I suspect the military will capitulate.
BradG

Return to Model Talk