Show us what you bought, the new thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Show us what you bought, the new thread...

Postby BradG » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:50 pm

As the title says, show everyone what you picked up.

From a trip to the LHS's a couple of weeks ago.

BradG

Re: Show us what you bought, the new thread...

Postby F-27pax » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:43 am

Here's the contents of a package of happiness that arrived from Welsh Models about ten minutes ago. Many hours of modelling goodness to be had here.

F-27pax

Postby BradG » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:36 pm

Looks like you have a lot of cutting and converting to do with that stash F-27.
BradG

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:00 pm

A good mate of mine gave me this kit - I kid you not! Our modelling goes way back to when we were little tackers making Airfix kits as fast as we could so we could either blow them up, shoot them with a air rifle or set fire to them in their dam. Even years later bits of models could be seen on the waters edge of the dam. I will not be doing that with this kit!

[url][/https://www.scalemates.com/kits/zoukei-mura-sws18-bf-109g-14-u4--1189354][url]
Adam the Akrodude

Postby VH-WAL » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:29 am

$160 Black Friday deal! well pleased, going to be a Lakenheath bird if I can find appropriate decals
VH-WAL

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:07 pm

Wal, I've got this baby as well - still think it's the best representation of the F-35A. I still think the zig-zag RAM tape on Tamiya's new 1/48 offering is wrong and too heavy. Tamiya shows it having a harsh edge when in fact the edges are beveled. Now I have to source a decent Have Glass paint system for the obligatory "shimmer".
Adam the Akrodude

Postby VH-WAL » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:53 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:Wal, I've got this baby as well - still think it's the best representation of the F-35A. I still think the zig-zag RAM tape on Tamiya's new 1/48 offering is wrong and too heavy. Tamiya shows it having a harsh edge when in fact the edges are beveled. Now I have to source a decent Have Glass paint system for the obligatory "shimmer".

And I have to find a a pilot, I want this baby flying on a stand with low level countryside as a backdrop.. let me know how you solve the shimmer effect
VH-WAL

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:46 am

VH-WAL wrote:
Adam the Akrodude wrote:Wal, I've got this baby as well - still think it's the best representation of the F-35A. I still think the zig-zag RAM tape on Tamiya's new 1/48 offering is wrong and too heavy. Tamiya shows it having a harsh edge when in fact the edges are beveled. Now I have to source a decent Have Glass paint system for the obligatory "shimmer".

And I have to find a a pilot, I want this baby flying on a stand with low level countryside as a backdrop.. let me know how you solve the shimmer effect

Found a pilot figure for you - from Switzerland (whom I may add are also buying the F-35). https://www.gdkits.com/en/pj-production-pj321128-1-32-lockheed-martin-f-35a-lightning-ii-pilot-p-93048.html

I'll keep searching for a decent paint system.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:08 am

VH-WAL wrote:

There are some good discussions on how to create the Have Glass finish. Seeing F-35s up close at Avalon on a couple of occasions, they look "off world" say compared to a Super Hornet - quite surreal. They shimmer in direct sunlight and go quite dark when clouds obscure the sun, just like it's big bro the F-22, it's pretty dramatic. I've considered a base coat of gun metal and then light coats of FS36170 for the main dark grey, then a shimmer coat of the Have Glass. I may even mix gun metal with 36170, then Have Glass. I will experiment on a test subject first.

[url]http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/303049-obsession-with-fs-36170-who-got-it-right//url]
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:53 pm

My debit card has been getting a bit of a flogging lately...

Got these two in Bendigo..

These two came from Skylines pilot shop Moorabbin..

Spirit of St Louis, and the two Airfix blister packs came from Cash Converters. One Chipmunk came from Gundams Plus (thanks HRTPaul!), the other came from Cos Toys Niddrie. The Christen Eagle II came from Models'n'Hobbies 4 You in Boronia, as did all the rest of the kits.

So my new stash is 18 kits..
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Next

Return to Model Talk