Just a "heads Up" everyone

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Just a "heads Up" everyone

Postby tor lives » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:29 pm

erussell wrote: If an individual does approach us with a good quality display, of course it would be considered. As I said before, club displays are most welcome.

These guys are A/CAM members Ed.....it goes without that their displays would be "good quality" :P
TOR
tor lives

Postby tor lives » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:30 pm

erussell wrote:
tor lives wrote: this site is in its dying days.

Maybe time for the Lethobarb then?

I don't even know what that is Ed :D .
TOR
tor lives

Postby tor lives » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:31 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
tor lives wrote:Because, quiet frankly Ed, this site is in its dying days.
TOR

Bummer bout this years display but I guess it does give me more time to maybe get an additional model or 2 ready. I hate to admit it but I have to agree with Brad about additional peeps helping to organise the display etc. Every year that there's no ACAM display is less exposure the punters get to ACAM and that's not a good thing. So maybe give this year a miss and lets get shit sorted for next year. I'll put my hand up to help out. Now for my rant. Heads up, I'm gonna be blunt AF as usual. If it's that dire a situation then close the bloody site. I've been a staunch supporter of this site since the beginning and love having it available but even I am tiring of the 6 monthly (or whatever it is) "not sure the site is worth it anymore" bullshit. I log in at least once a day normally, sometimes more. My modelling has fallen off a cliff recently but that doesn't mean I've lost interest. Shit just happens. If it wasn't for this site and a lot of the peeps here, then for starters the civvy category wouldn't even be a thing and the airliner category wouldn't be so well populated every year at expo. I call bullshit that people don't know who ACAM is. Thems the facts right there. So the Facebook page has a shit ton of people on it. Who gives a shit? Sure it'd be great to have everyone there on here but that's not how it works. I and others have mentioned this on many occasions. I also get the expense involved in running this site but once again, many people have offered to contribute to the running costs of the site. I'm not rocket scientist but that tells me that peeps give a shit about the site and see the value in it without all the bullshit that goes along with bigger sites. As I said it's not rocket science. I'm really having trouble finding new and creative ways to write this same rant everytime. End of thought.

Duly noted.
TOR
tor lives

Postby erussell » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:19 pm

tor lives wrote:[These guys are A/CAM members Ed.....it goes without that their displays would be "good quality" :P
TOR

I was speaking generally.
In fact, most of the ACAM displays have been quite good. Some of the ealier ones were just "models on a table" but the themes have been excellent. I hope someone can step up and do a theme this year. I have to agree that without this site there probably would not even be a civil category at Expo.
The Faecbook page is completely divorced from the aims of this site and contributes absolutely nothing towards civil modelling in Australia. If it were mine I would kill it.
Lethobarb - when your time comes you may make its acquaintance, especially if you have avaricious relatives wanting to inherit your fortune quickly.
Last edited by erussell on Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Postby RayS » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:22 pm

Maybe we do let the site die, that are plenty of members on the ACAM FB page who are Melbourne or Aussie based that may wish to contribute to future displays. It can continue in that form, we just can't post our straight military stuff over there.

On another note, I am doing my best to post my applicable in-work stuff here. Seems there are only responses from the usual crowd, though I do note there are plenty of additional views of my threads and all threads in general. So there are plenty of 'lurkers' visiting the site. Even now there are 13 guests visiting the site with me and Ed the only registered users online. So folk are visiting for a look-see, just not contributing.

I wonder if you have access to the daily visits the forum gets Ray? I also see that on 22 Sep last year, there were 214 visitors online at the same time.
Ray

RayS

Postby erussell » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:32 pm

RayS wrote: plenty of members on the ACAM FB page who are Melbourne or Aussie based t

I went through 200 posts and there was you and Rob Tracz from Australia posting and another few commenting. The top 20 contributors are all overseas.
erussell

Postby RayS » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:41 pm

erussell wrote:
RayS wrote: plenty of members on the ACAM FB page who are Melbourne or Aussie based t

I went through 200 posts and there was you and Rob Tracz from Australia posting and another few commenting. The top 20 contributors are all overseas.

OK, again there maybe the lurkers who may be interested in contributing.

We could put a general question to the masses to see who is local and might wish to help out.
Ray

RayS

Postby erussell » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:53 pm

My understanding from this thread is that there will be no A/CAM display at Model Expo 2023.
erussell

Postby tor lives » Tue May 02, 2023 5:00 pm

erussell wrote:My understanding from this thread is that there will be no A/CAM display at Model Expo 2023.

Correct.....not this year.
TOR
tor lives

Previous

Return to Model Talk