Another Important Message for all A/CAMers

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Another Important Message for all A/CAMers

Postby tor lives » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:23 pm

Hi all,
I wish to announce that, effective immediately, the A/CAM site has a new owner.
Damien "Damo" Nott is now the proud new owner of A/CAM, and I thank and congratulate him, (Damo has actually saved the site from oblivion).
I am so pleased that the site is being handed over to someone that I have known and trusted for a long time, and who has an absolute passion for all things model airliners and civil aircraft.
Damo has been an A/CAM member since day one, and has never wavered in his support, commitment, and contribution to A/CAM.
Can I now ask that we all support Damo in the running of A/CAM as we move forward into this new era.....I am sure he will bring new ideas and concepts to help the site flourish and evolve.
On a personal note.....I wish to thank you all (you know who you are). If it hadn't been for the continued loyalty and support from the small core group of long-term, die-hard A/CAMers, the site would have disappeared along time ago.
So Damo.....here is the keys, please look after our baby.
TOR
tor lives

Re: Another Important Message for all A/CAMers

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:58 pm

Thanks for your kind words Ray.

For the moment, I'd like to keep A/CAM as it is. There may be some back end changes, but nothing that will change the forums. Also, I need to wrap my head around things a bit..

I'd also like to announce a new sponsor: Tiger Moth Joy Flights Yarra Valley, for all your Tiger Moth joy flighting needs. For those of you in Melbourne Australia, feel free to visit Hangar 6, Lilydale Airport, and meet GAV in person.

Finally, going forward I have a few ideas, and I'd welcome suggestions from all of you who have contributed to the site since it's inception.
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:28 pm

F&$(%&#%^$*&%*(%&^$%$CK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A pilot running the show? WTF could possibly go wrong??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously though congrats Damo. And congrats to Ray for giving us the site in the first place. Now he can reduce the load on the 'Curtain Rail of Doom' given all the spare time he'll have on hs hands ;) ;) ;)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:48 pm

congrats Damo for keeping out little playground open.i'll have to keep my posts up to date.

and to Ray thank you for all that has gone before with out your love of this hobby(even though you haven't built much for a while....LOL) with out this forum us Aussie modelling fans wouldnt have a little part of the internet to call home...may your financial stuff get sorted ASAP and your life on track mate.
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:28 pm

oz rb fan wrote:congrats Damo for keeping out little playground open.i'll have to keep my posts up to date.

and to Ray thank you for all that has gone before with out your love of this hobby(even though you haven't built much for a while....LOL) with out this forum us Aussie modelling fans wouldnt have a little part of the internet to call home...may your financial stuff get sorted ASAP and your life on track mate.

You are welcome my friend.
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:06 am

I'd also like to congratulate Damo on keeping us going and thank TOR for his efforts to keep this site running, I will do my best to continue add relevant content so your guys have something to look at when you visit :-)

Here is a link to the civil aircraft I spied at expo this weekend.
Ray

RayS

Postby BradG » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:20 pm

I'm away for a few days and it all changes.
BradG

Return to Model Talk