On Expo

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

On Expo

Postby VH-WAL » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:49 am

I posted something similar to this on AMI..
I halfheartedly made a decision to fly over from Perth to Expo this year (it's a long way and not inexpensive exercise after all) but I am very glad I did, spent the most part of the 3 days there, got to reacquaint with and meet face to face with new email and internet fellow modellers. Most of all it was wonderful seeing so many exquisite models which didnt half re-enthuse me to get out of my periodic modelling doldrums.. still many guys on here I did not bump into (well maybe we did and just didnt know it).

The ACAM display and theme was great, the SPASM Deltas was also great if a little let down by a tawdry HP115 (which the owner builder left behind)..hell it was all good... those ship builders are really something.
My all up favourite model was that KHee Kha TAA Sunbird C-185 What a little jewel that was

Swap and smell wasnt too bad either, I actually only got one bad whiff but I didn't say anything cos it could have been me after a bad curry the night before. I grabbed a Bandai 1/72 YS-11 for $25 with glee

well guys you will probably see me back there next year maybe with a 1/72 Carvair! (I'll also bring a bloody torch so I can see what is on the benches at the swap and sell, stuff me it was like a Pharoahs tomb in there)

ciao
wal
VH-WAL

Re: On Expo

Postby tor lives » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:21 pm

It was great catching up with you at Expo Wal....weather you realize or not, you sir are a modelling inspiration to many of us. I look forward to seeing you, (and that Carvair), again next year. Did you get the Albatross??
Ray
PS: and yes I must agree... "Swap and Sell" was most fruitful this year, (I must admit to going slightly over my budget though, on a couple of 1:32 Piper Cubs and a Tiger Moth.....thanks for sucking me into the 1:32 "vortex" Adam and Eric, just what my wallet and display cabinet needs :roll: )
tor lives

Postby Tony P » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi Wal,
I asked Knotty where you were on the Monday but didn't see you.

Good idea about the torch at swap & smell. I saw one bloke with one. They need to have it on one wall. There was heaps of room to do so.
You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Postby VH-WAL » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:24 pm

bugger sorry I missed you.. I did the rounds monday around midday saying goodbye but everyone was invisible in the post swap and sell feeding frenzy fog
VH-WAL

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:10 pm

tor lives wrote:It was great catching up with you at Expo Wal....weather you realize or not, you sir are a modelling inspiration to many of us. I look forward to seeing you, (and that Carvair), again next year. Did you get the Albatross??
Ray
PS: and yes I must agree... "Swap and Sell" was most fruitful this year, (I must admit to going slightly over my budget though, on a couple of 1:32 Piper Cubs and a Tiger Moth.....thanks for sucking me into the 1:32 "vortex" Adam and Eric, just what my wallet and display cabinet needs :roll: )

I'd like to second Ray's comments here - you are a inspiration Wally, your civvy stuff rocks! Hope to see you at Expo next year.

In regard to you Ray advancing to "Gentlemen's scale", all I can say is Moh Ha Ha Hah! My "semi-evil" plan has worked! I have been sucked into that vortex that is A/CAM though - ARGH!

Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:34 pm

Great to catch up with ya Wally as always. Look forward to seeing ya next year mate :) BTW (in a hushed voice) Albatross, Albatross, Albatross :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Knotty » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Great to catch up Wally , glad you had a good time ........look forward to seeing you next year .
Knotty

Postby AndrewDoppel » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Bugger! I missed you Wal.
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Postby F-27pax » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:35 pm

I could have said that I had missed meeting you, Wally, except for the fact that it was I (or should that be 'me') who sold you the YS-11. You probably got as much pleasure from acquiring it as I did when I picked it up at another swap and sell a few years back. The only reason you got your hands on it was because I'm trying to make 1/144 the scale for all my airliners and I picked up a YS-11 in 1/144 a couple of years later. The other thing I picked up at Expo was a nice magnifying glass to help me in making these tiny models.
F-27pax

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:13 pm

wally wrote:I posted something similar to this on AMI..
I halfheartedly made a decision to fly over from Perth to Expo this year (it's a long way and not inexpensive exercise after all) but I am very glad I did, spent the most part of the 3 days there, got to reacquaint with and meet face to face with new email and internet fellow modellers. Most of all it was wonderful seeing so many exquisite models which didnt half re-enthuse me to get out of my periodic modelling doldrums.. still many guys on here I did not bump into (well maybe we did and just didnt know it).

The ACAM display and theme was great, the SPASM Deltas was also great if a little let down by a tawdry HP115 (which the owner builder left behind)..hell it was all good... those ship builders are really something.
My all up favourite model was that KHee Kha TAA Sunbird C-185 What a little jewel that was

Swap and smell wasnt too bad either, I actually only got one bad whiff but I didn't say anything cos it could have been me after a bad curry the night before. I grabbed a Bandai 1/72 YS-11 for $25 with glee

well guys you will probably see me back there next year maybe with a 1/72 Carvair! (I'll also bring a bloody torch so I can see what is on the benches at the swap and sell, stuff me it was like a Pharoahs tomb in there)

ciao
wal

there was a 1/72 carvair conversion on a stand on the main floor on Saturday.........wish some one had told me about the deserted HP115...i'd have rescued it!!!!!!.

glad to meet a few more ACAM members...i think i'll be hanging around you guy's more often!!!!...i might just even enter next year...........Jack the raiden maybe?
oz rb fan

Next

Return to Model Talk