Paging 727 modellers

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Paging 727 modellers

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Ta mate. Hopefully it'll be in primer before I leave. Gotta get the T6 and P40 done first.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:21 pm

hrtpaul wrote:Ta mate. Hopefully it'll be in primer before I leave. Gotta get the T6 and P40 done first.

Are ya doing the T-6 as a civvie bird Paul?????.....if so what??
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:25 pm

tor lives wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:Ta mate. Hopefully it'll be in primer before I leave. Gotta get the T6 and P40 done first.

TOR

Nah mate. It'll be a ROKAF machine. I'm hoping the kit decals work ok. And yet another Alclad experiment. I got 2 1/48 T-6s' at expo for racers. :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby VH-WAL » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:42 pm

hrtpaul wrote:I think I've sorted the engines and the tail. It's close enough for an airliner. They're just sitting on at the moment. Just gotta do the wing fences and then she'll be ready for primer :)

what a handsome jet
VH-WAL

Postby tor lives » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:05 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
tor lives wrote:

TOR

Nah mate. It'll be a ROKAF machine. I'm hoping the kit decals work ok. And yet another Alclad experiment. I got 2 1/48 T-6s' at expo for racers. :)

ROKAF, very cool!!.....and two civvie racer T-6s, that's excellent.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Capt NG » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Just don't get caught operating to Perth when there's un forecast storms aye Wally?...holding versus go arounds.. I know what I'd choose.. ;)
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Postby Night-Raptor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:39 am

Paul, I have the same issue with weapon pylons and tiger stripes - I generally either fit them ;later (if possible) or cut them along the half way mark and then slide them in from either end (my preferred method). Just depends on how awkward the space is. On a 727 - I'd go for the halfway cut.
Night Raptor
Because after dark - everything looks good with Tiger Stripes.....
Night-Raptor

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:09 pm

It's cool mate. I think the engines are close enough to be fitted after the decals. Like I said it's not a huge investment if I screw it up :)
hrtpaul

Postby frediv » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Paul,
Probably too late now but a simple method of obtaining a (near) perfect fit between pylon and fuselage is to place a strip of Sellotape over the area of the engine (before painting naturally) to act as a release agent. Coat the inboard edge of the pylon with bog and press the pylon up against the fuselage and hold in place until cured. When cured, the bog should have replicated the fuselage contour. Remove the tape! This method can be used to bypass any fiddling that may have been required. It can also be used for matching nacelles to wings, etc.
FGH
frediv

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:50 pm

frediv wrote:Hi Paul,
Probably too late now but a simple method of obtaining a (near) perfect fit between pylon and fuselage is to place a strip of Sellotape over the area of the engine (before painting naturally) to act as a release agent. Coat the inboard edge of the pylon with bog and press the pylon up against the fuselage and hold in place until cured. When cured, the bog should have replicated the fuselage contour. Remove the tape! This method can be used to bypass any fiddling that may have been required. It can also be used for matching nacelles to wings, etc.
FGH

OMG Fred that's a bloody brilliant idea and it's not too late. I'm gonna give that a crack tomorrow night on the engines and horizontal stab. I can imagine a whole raft of uses for this method. Thanks heaps Fred :)
hrtpaul

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk