Iwata HP-CS Airbrush advice.

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Iwata HP-CS Airbrush advice.

Postby F-27pax » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:44 pm

The other thing I should have mentioned when comparing the Runway 13 airbrush with the Badger 155. The Runway 13 takes its paint from a reservoir on top while the Badger takes its paint from a hole in the bottom which sucks it up from a cup or jar. When I'm painting something like a white-all-over 747 I'm stopping continually to fill up the reservoir while when doing it with the Badger I just fill up the big jar and away I go. So there's that convenience issue there too.

Still, I think that we all end up favouring the airbrush that works best for us, though why one works better for one person and another works better for the other person is a mystery.
F-27pax

Postby DesTROYer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:03 pm

My first airbrush had the suction feed. I hated it so much. Pain to clean too. Gravity feed all the way for me.
DesTROYer

Postby DesTROYer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:06 pm

tor lives wrote:
DesTROYer wrote:Thanks for your feedback everyone. I've just ordered my new Iwata HP-CS. I'll let you all know what I think of it.

G'day Troy,
Given what I seen here and over on AMI, I think I may order one myself :D ....I will be interested in your impressions of this airbrush.
TOR
PS: where are you getting it from???

TOR, I got it for $124 Australian delivered on eBay.

I was going to wait another two weeks, but I found an extra $150 in my wallet this week. Love it when that happens.
DesTROYer

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:15 pm

F-27pax wrote:The other thing I should have mentioned when comparing the Runway 13 airbrush with the Badger 155. The Runway 13 takes its paint from a reservoir on top while the Badger takes its paint from a hole in the bottom which sucks it up from a cup or jar. When I'm painting something like a white-all-over 747 I'm stopping continually to fill up the reservoir while when doing it with the Badger I just fill up the big jar and away I go. So there's that convenience issue there too.

Still, I think that we all end up favouring the airbrush that works best for us, though why one works better for one person and another works better for the other person is a mystery.

My Runway 13 airbrush has 3 different size cups on top and the big one is huge :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby F-27pax » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:26 am

hrtpaul wrote:
F-27pax wrote:The other thing I should have mentioned when comparing the Runway 13 airbrush with the Badger 155. The Runway 13 takes its paint from a reservoir on top while the Badger takes its paint from a hole in the bottom which sucks it up from a cup or jar. When I'm painting something like a white-all-over 747 I'm stopping continually to fill up the reservoir while when doing it with the Badger I just fill up the big jar and away I go. So there's that convenience issue there too.

My Runway 13 airbrush has 3 different size cups on top and the big one is huge :)

The big one might be huge but the jar on my Badger is even bigger. ;) And I need something like that to deal with 747s
F-27pax

Postby tor lives » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:59 am

F-27pax wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:

The big one might be huge but the jar on my Badger is even bigger. ;) And I need something like that to deal with 747s

I am just about to start painting a 1:100 747 and Concorde, clearly I could use a 44 Gal drum attached to my airbrush for these jobs :D
TOR
tor lives

Previous

Return to Model Talk