Alternate Primer

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Alternate Primer

Postby Graeme H » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:15 pm

hrtpaul wrote:Unfortunately mate I can't get that here in TSV either :(

No supplies of that and even most paints is non existant, but you are managing to put up with the weather I hope :D
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby wombatair » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:55 pm

My method:

I wash model/part with dishwash detergent, Brush with toothpaste (Not the "new" "Jelly" type, but old formula - eg Amway* or Grants), Wash, WOD Inspection :roll: and Blow Dry.

Prime with Fiddly Bits (rattle-can) grey primer. :P
(Available from Bunnings - should be one in FNQ.)

Sand with finest paper -eg K and S Flex-I-Grit sanding film, or Bunnings. ) Wet and Dry if appropriate.
(For smaller parts, Sanding/buffing stick from chemist - "Manicare Maxi Buff" is thick padded with three grades).

Blow clean, and paint with enamels. :)

Lindsay L

*Amway tube is large and lasts a life time (Although our fearless leader could go through one a month). :lol:
I can arrange supply if need be….. ;) :D (Don't have to go to one of those h…… parties. :oops: )

Grants from chemist or health shop.
wombatair

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:05 pm

Graeme H wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:Unfortunately mate I can't get that here in TSV either :(

No supplies of that and even most paints is non existant, but you are managing to put up with the weather I hope :D

I'm only just handling the weather mate but it's tough 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) Toyworld has got an ok range as long as you don't want Vallejo, life colour etc so I've managed to get a few colours I needed :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Great ideas there Lindsay. Ta for that. I bought a HUGE can of Septone enamel primer from Supercheap today for the same price I pay for a tin of Tamiya. Hopefully it'll be ok :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:21 am

I just sprayed a P-51 wing with the Septone primer I got from SCA and so far so good. It's a fair bit darker than the Tamiya stuff but it covers nicely so I think I might be on a winner. I'll keep ya's posted :)
hrtpaul

Previous

Return to Model Talk