What drives us to build what we build ?

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: What drives us to build what we build ?

Postby davecana » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:01 pm

I build what I build, because the real thing interests me. Whether it's cars, planes, whatever, if I like it, or like a theme, eg NHRA, RAAF, Thunderbirds, then I want to build it.
davecana

Postby B_finch » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:20 pm

When I was younger I really had no theme as such, I built aircraft that I loved.
Now it's aircraft that is/was in ADF service, civil, airliners & trash haulers.

Brendon
B_finch

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:38 pm

My problem is I have too many themes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:50 pm

hrtpaul wrote:My problem is I have too many themes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a few more models, come on, all those cool air racer what-ifs, Ray even found generic corporate decals, how can you resist?
_BlackHawk_

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:56 pm

I've got too many real racers to do let alone WIF ones LOL Hmmmm corporate racing decals you say? *mind ticking over*
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:15 pm

After reading the samurai back when I was a kid it started my obsession with zeros and other IJNAF aircraft.......and the sw pacific theater of operations.
oz rb fan

Postby F-27pax » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Why do I make models? Because my parents gave me an Airfix kit of a Hawker Hurricane when I was tiny and scale modelling has been my main hobby even since.

What do I model? Just about anything with wings... and a few tanks.

Airliners. I've always wanted to make models of airliners but only since I've conquered white and metallic finishes (to my satisfaction anyhow) have I been able to make them to the standard I like. I like to do Australian and New Zealand airliners when I can

France. A decade or two ago I thought I should pick an obscure theme that would not be too taxing and hit upon French aviation. 'That won't take too long to complete', I thought to myself, 'there can't be many of them'. Now I find that I have completed 83 models of French aeroplanes and have another 306 to go. I also run a little sideline in French tanks and have made 35 and have another six to go.
F-27pax

Postby VH-WAL » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:31 am

F-27pax wrote:
France. A decade or two ago I thought I should pick an obscure theme that would not be too taxing and hit upon French aviation.

French Aeroplanes... some of the most beautiful and also the most Butt Ugly contraptions ever to take to the air!
VH-WAL

Postby tor lives » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:42 am

VH-WAL wrote:
F-27pax wrote:
France. A decade or two ago I thought I should pick an obscure theme that would not be too taxing and hit upon French aviation.

French Aeroplanes... some of the most beautiful and also the most Butt Ugly contraptions ever to take to the air!

Just like the poms who can build something as beautiful and elegant a VC-10 or Hunter, yet be guilty of "creating" that monstrosity ....the Beverly :shock:
TOR
tor lives

Postby VH-WAL » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:06 am

tor lives wrote:
VH-WAL wrote:
F-27pax wrote:

Just like the poms who can build something as beautiful and elegant a VC-10 or Hunter, yet be guilty of "creating" that monstrosity ....the Beverly :shock:
TOR

ahh the Beverley, one departed Pearce eons ago for points North, very poor rate of climb , when it eventually got there wanted to cruise at 10500 (transitional level not permitted), when it made it's position report (again eventually cos it was sooo slow) it went something like this " Ascot 123, Lancelin 45, left 4000 for 10000 next position 45 and Scurvy has broken out amongst the crew!"
VH-WAL

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk