Military types in civvie schemes

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Military types in civvie schemes

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:02 pm

tor lives wrote:
_BlackHawk_ wrote:
Adam the Akrodude wrote:
What's the resolution - to take delight in posting annoying and boring comments?

Nearly lol

Did I mention AMI was available to you Brad :D
I have a belated New Year's resolution as well.....No Dick Heads on my site!!!!! :D
TOR

Fortunately, there is enough of me to go around. Or unfortunately depending on how you view it....and my NYR hasn't changed for years. Remember it's always; 'to do whatever I want and to annoy as many people as possibe!"

I'll build something civil one day, which reminds me I have an order in with HRT for some stuff but still waiting for it to be made up.
_BlackHawk_

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:07 pm

_BlackHawk_ wrote:

I'll build something civil one day, which reminds me I have an order in with HRT for some stuff but still waiting for it to be made up.

I'm still waiting for old mate to get back to me. He has had some family issues so I'm tipping this is why we're still waiting. You'll know as soon as I do mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:10 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
_BlackHawk_ wrote:

I'm still waiting for old mate to get back to me. He has had some family issues so I'm tipping this is why we're still waiting. You'll know as soon as I do mate :)

Oh yeh, I'm in no rush I just forgot about it! I've actually run out of storage room for unbuilt kits so I'm trying to get that overflow pile down before buying anything else except decals and small conversions like the stuff I ordered.
_BlackHawk_

Postby tor lives » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:39 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:Cool Ray!
What's the story with the John Deere Sabre? That's the fastest John Deere I've ever seen!:

G'day mate,
The JD F-86 is a limited edition model produced by Spec Cast (aka Liberty Classics) for John Deere in conjunction with EAA for the Oshkosh 2007 Air show, (only 300 produced and apparently all sold out by the 2nd day....John Deere is pretty big in the predominantly farming Sate of Wisconsin, the home of Oshkosh).
It is a WIF colour scheme but I have to say it is really cool....I would love to see a 1:1 Sabre getting around in this scheme :D
Spec Cast do many different promotional quality diecast model aircraft for many big-name brands such as Texaco, Ampol, Shell, John Deere, etc (I have a 1:48 Budweiser racing Corsair and Shell Mustang on the way from the USA as we speak). The models are quiet popular and have a large collector following.....with some of the rarer ones commanding some pretty high prices on the collectors market.
They have been specifically designed to appeal to the testosterone-fuelled "man cave" owner/dweller with "manly" brands featured on popular aircraft types.
As much as I love my aircraft model kits....I also love my diecast models.
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:01 pm

I have a Bob Hoover P-51 to do at some stage. I guess by buying these Ray, they'll never end up on the "Curtain Rail Of Doom" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:04 pm

hrtpaul wrote: I guess by buying these Ray, they'll never end up on the "Curtain Rail Of Doom" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep....it's about the only way I can ensure that I have a completed model or two for the display cabinets. :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Diecasts can actually help in the modelling process, particularly if the instructions are a little vague like trying to get ones' head around some complicated u/c assembly. Just seeing the aeroplane in 3 dimensions can help. I've bought 4 Diecasts, a Sea Fury ,F-105, Su-27 and a old banged up Pitts Special (found at a antique store).
I've found on big projects, having the baby Diecast alongside kind of inspires.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:49 pm

_BlackHawk_ wrote:Fortunately, there is enough of me to go around. Or unfortunately depending on how you view it....and my NYR hasn't changed for years. Remember it's always; 'to do whatever I want and to annoy as many people as possibe!"

Honestly Brad I really don't mind if you spend ALL your time on AMI and other sites, (that is of course the ones you are not banned from....clearly your self-declared mission of annoying people is having some effect :D ). I promise I won't feel offended or jilted if you don't visit A/CAM, nor will I challenge Mr Harvey for your attention and affection :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby AndrewDoppel » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:49 am

Getting back to the subject at hand, I received some slides last night that eventually will get turned into photos but they are from the Confederate Air Force in about 1974 or something. They were taken by my late father-in-law but some of the images are of military aircraft in civvie schemes. When I find them there are also some slides of the XB-70 Valkaryie during testing that he was in the US to observe whilst in prototype mode.
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:29 am

AndrewDoppel wrote:Getting back to the subject at hand, I received some slides last night that eventually will get turned into photos but they are from the Confederate Air Force in about 1974 or something. They were taken by my late father-in-law but some of the images are of military aircraft in civvie schemes. When I find them there are also some slides of the XB-70 Valkaryie during testing that he was in the US to observe whilst in prototype mode.

Very much looking forward to seeing these pic's Andrew. What may interest you is a magazine out now called X-Planes. One of the articles is about a guy who managed to eject from the X-B-70 that crashed - a pretty riveting story. Highly recommended reading if you are into this subject - you kinda are by marriage!

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk