Perfect Plastic Putty

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Perfect Plastic Putty

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:23 am

Some of ya might have heard of this stuff. One of the guys (Adam Sayers)that frequents my LHS and builds amazing models swears by it. Yesterday I had some arrive at home (MEL) from Geelong to try it for almost $20. I've since found it at Luckymodel http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=DUX-BD44 for about $12 delivered to Melbourne. I'll be getting a couple more tubes so hopefully it's as good as Adam says it is. Just thought some might be interested :)
Last edited by hrtpaul on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Perfect Plastic Putty

Postby wombatair » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:14 am

I get mine from:

http://www.christiantraders.com.au

Alistair Welch Christian Traders Modelling Products
20190 Pacific Hwy
Coralville New South Wales 2443
Phone: 02 6556 5192
Email: manager@christiantraders.com.au
ABN: 94 892 945 641

Found them to give reasonable prices, and service ___ and good supplier for RC gear. :)

Lindsay L
wombatair

Postby F-27pax » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:09 pm

What is this stuff? I'vew never heard of it but I'm also keen to try anything new that might be better than what i'm already using, which is good ol'Tamiya putty. What makes it so good?
F-27pax

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:26 pm

i might just need some of that......now im a dinosaur builder
oz rb fan

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:09 am

oz rb fan wrote:i might just need some of that......now im a dinosaur builder

You're a dinosaur builder????? I didn't think you were that old. No wait. You are that old :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:58 am

your not that far behind smart arse :lol: 8-) :twisted:
oz rb fan

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:44 pm

But I will never catch you mate :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:10 pm

I've just used this stuff for the first time and man am I impressed. I also got the applicator syringes that come with 3 different needle sizes. They and the putty work brilliantly. I used it on my pink Spitfire I'm doing at the moment. With the syringe it was easy as to put the putty right where I wanted it. Then I took a damp cotton bud, wiped away the excess and voila no sanding required. It cleans up with water really well too. I left some putty in the syringe for use later so all I did was leave the end of the needle in a small bowl of water and it's good to go next time. I filled a panel line on a practice model to see how it sanded. Now I only dry sanded it and it seemed to sand nicely. It can even be scribed over as long as you're gentle. I've just put some on the practice model again and I'll try wet sanding it to see how it goes. But from what I've seen so far I love this shit and I'll be using it from now on. As I said I highly recommend getting the syringes(P/No AC8) which I got direct from here http://www.deluxematerials.co.uk/pages/usefulglue.htm Hope that helps ya out guys :)
hrtpaul

Postby wombatair » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Good Australian Supplier:
Quick service.
Price OK ($9.45 cf GBP4.95) postage OK also (and in stock - until there is a rush) :x :lol: :D

http://www.christiantraders.com.au

Alistair Welch Christian Traders Modelling Products

I use this stuff a lot ; have not used in a large fix as yet so can't comment on its strength.

Lindsay L :D
wombatair

Next

Return to Model Talk