Hi, GA kit list, Airshow models Pitts

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Hi, GA kit list, Airshow models Pitts

Postby modelbear » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi,
I just signed up for the site and thought I would check in here. I'm currently an out of work mechanical engineer, former low time ga pilot (many years ago) and modeller when I'm motivated.

For those that have not seen my posts on some other forums, I have created a list of GA aircraft kits (basically non-military, non-airline aircraft) that can be found at:
www.users.on.net/~modelbears/gakitlist.htm
The list is broken down into subcategories- GA, aerobatic, autogyros, business, crop+fire, gliders, race (pre WW1, WW1-WW2, Schneider trophy, MacRobertson air race, post WW2) and warbirds.

If anyone is interested, there is currently an Airshow Models Pitts S-2C available at the Aviation megastore. I'm interested but not at over 100 Euros.

Cheers,
Peter
modelbear

Re: Hi, GA kit list, Airshow models Pitts

Postby tor lives » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:23 pm

G'day Peter and welcome,
It's great to have you here. I have seen your work on other model forums and I think the list you have complied is a an excellent reference source.....thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Once again, I would like to welcome you as our newest contributing A/CAMer and I hope you enjoy our site.
TOR
tor lives

Postby tor lives » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:55 pm

modelbear wrote:If anyone is interested, there is currently an Airshow Models Pitts S-2C available at the Aviation megastore. I'm interested but not at over 100 Euros.
Cheers,
Peter

Bloody hell.....it's gone already.
Thanks for the "heads up" anyway
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Welcome Peter

Great list! I have a few of the Airshow Models kits. I have my PPL(A) and have been flying over 30 years on and off - more off than on! I had a share in a Stephens Akro Laser Z until mid this year :cry: and am currently trying to sort out what and where I fly something next - hopefully another Laser. It's all time and money dependant, both I'm always short on!

There is a good possibility that Fisher Models may start producing the Airshow Models kits again - fingers crossed! They are wonderful kits and it would be great to see them produced once more. Those interested need to let Paul Fisher know. I've only built the S-2B so far and it was a great fun build. I flew a S-2A for around 6 years.

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:Image

Cheers

Adam

I just love this model Adam.....it really is an inspiration.
It is a credit to you, and it was indeed a privilege having this superb example of modelling skill as part of the A/CAM Model Expo display this year. It also sums up perfectly the unique aviation area-of-interest that this model site tries to cater for.
TOR
tor lives

Postby modelbear » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Adam,
A great looking Pitts there. I got my PPL and about 200 hours total (including an aerobatic endorsement) before it all got too expensive as a hobby. It was certainly great fun but very expensive when you add it up though.

The Airshow Pitts is still listed on the Aviation megastore site as far as I can see. Just search for Pitts and it appears at the bottom of the page in the Special offers-Collectors kit section. It has been there since the beginning of September.

Peter
modelbear

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:13 am

Welcome aboard Peter. And thanks for posting that awesome list. I will however hold you personally responsible (as I have with others on here) if I buy something that I've seen on your list :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyways mate enjoy ya stay and hope to see some of your work soon :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to Model Talk