PE question

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

PE question

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:29 am

Hi peeps. Just wondering what you guys do with self adhesive PE from Eduard. Do ya just stick it straight on or do you use a bit of glue just to be sure it doesn't come off in the future. I think I'm siding with the "use a bit of glue" way of thinking. Thanks for your help gentlemen (a term I use very loosely with a few of ya :P ) :) :) :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: PE question

Postby F-27pax » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:44 pm

I haven't used any of that stuff so I've no experience. My question, though, is, if you're putting some glue on because you're worried about the glue already on the piece drying out and it falling off, aren't you just sticking more glue on the glue that you're worried about so don't you have the same problem because when the glue between your glue and the piece dries out won't the piece still fall off? (I just reread that and it sounds like a bit of post-structural philosophy, so I hope you get the point I was trying to make.)
F-27pax

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:11 pm

F-27pax wrote:I haven't used any of that stuff so I've no experience. My question, though, is, if you're putting some glue on because you're worried about the glue already on the piece drying out and it falling off, aren't you just sticking more glue on the glue that you're worried about so don't you have the same problem because when the glue between your glue and the piece dries out won't the piece still fall off? (I just reread that and it sounds like a bit of post-structural philosophy, so I hope you get the point I was trying to make.)

Ow my brain hurts :P Nah I get your point and thanks. I was more worried about the sticky stuff on the PE letting go of the painted kit part more than the sticky shit coming off the PE :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:12 pm

I think he's more concerned about whether there will be any glue left on the pe after he's peeled it off the backing, his finger, thumb, left eye, and right nostril before he gets it anywhere near the model.. :twisted: :twisted:
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:I think he's more concerned about whether there will be any glue left on the pe after he's peeled it off the backing, his finger, thumb, left eye, and right nostril before he gets it anywhere near the model.. :twisted: :twisted:

That too smartarse :P :P :P :P :P
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:44 pm

I just use the adhesive of the PE, no extra glue
Ray

RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:57 pm

Thanks Ray :)
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:02 pm

hrtpaul wrote:Thanks Ray :)

No probs, seems to work well. I have used it on a P-3 cockpit so far and have a set for a Super Hornet as well.
Ray

RayS

Return to Model Talk