1:72 Airfix Bristol Fighter

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: 1:72 Airfix Bristol Fighter

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:19 am

I'm with the G man on the one. The DR1 was very small and the Brisfit was on the large side :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby modelbear » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:46 am

I agree with these both being 1/72 scale. Base on the Wikipedia dimensions, the Dr1 should have a wingspan of 100 mm and length of 80 mm in 1/72 scale. The Bristol should be 166 mm in span and 109 mm in length. The Fokker is certainly a small plane but also the Bristol was a lot larger than the typical WW1 single seat fighter.
Is the Dr1 Airfix as well? I built this pair of fighters many years ago from the Airfix dogfight double set - I still have them somewhere awaiting repair and refurshment sometime.
Peter
modelbear

Postby tor lives » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:03 am

OK then.....given the facts presented I am prepared to go with general consensus that both aircraft are the same scale and will continue this refurb project as planned, (ie: these two will be in a dogfight pose goin at it!!! :D ).
Peter, I actually don't recall which manufacturer the Fokker is from. I vaguely recall getting this kit as some kind of promotional/give-a-way item when I was a kid. Even so, it may well have come from the Airfix stable.
The Bristol certainly is a big aeroplane for it's era which is probably why it lent itself so well to civil passenger conversions after the Great War.
TOR
PS: Thanks for everyone's input....that's what I love about this forum
tor lives

Previous

Return to Model Talk