An A/CAM Christmas Wish

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

An A/CAM Christmas Wish

Postby tor lives » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:44 am

Hi all,
Well, with his flight plan lodged, his load stowed and secured, (ensuring IATA DG compliance of course), his NOTOC delivered and signed, his fuel docket delivered, and all the Sleigh MEL items cleared.....the big fella in red and white is on his way from the north, (with priority ATC clearance of course) . And with that it is time for me to wish all A/CAMers and their families and friends a very Merry Christmas and a happy, safe and model-filled 2015. It has been a huge year to say the least, but for me personally a major highlight has been the creation of A/CAM. To that end it is time to say thanks to those organisations and individuals that made A/CAM possible:
To all the A/CAM sponsors....thankyou for your faith, vision, and commitment to our little site. You have bought legitimacy, robustness, and credibility to this site which has enabled us to slowly grow and prosper from day one. THANK YOU.
To the A/CAM leadership team....Andrew and Adam, put simply I could not run this site without you both. Thanks for your on-going support, effort, and commitment. We have a good thing going here with an amazingly positive group dynamic that is due largely to your vigilance and site management skills. Thanks to you both for all your help.
To former A/CAM members Stu and Salty...you blokes bought much to the site, (especially in it's formative phase of development), with your aviator wisdom, advice, selfless information sharing, background, and experience. From day one you were both absolutely committed to, supportive, and encouraging of the A/CAM concept and for that I will always be grateful. You two aeroplane drivers will always be considered a part of the A/CAM family and you are welcome back here anytime.
To the A/CAM membership ....Thanks so much to all of you for your on-going support, commitment to our shared vision, and loyalty. Without you blokes we don't have a site... simple as that!! I am so fortunate and privileged to have the best membership of any model site on the web, (yeah...I guess I am a bit bias). A big THANK YOU to all of you!! you guys make up a great little community here.
To Ed, Rene and the Model Expo committee..... I am forever grateful and absolutely appreciative of the level of support and assistance you blokes have extended to A/CAM. You have bent over backwards to help us out in a cooperative and engaging manner. And on behalf of the entire A/CAM membership thanks so much for facilitating and arranging for our new Civil Aircraft category, we will do all possible to make this category a successful one for Model Expo.
And finally
To my best mate Knotty ....you, Justine, and Jack have loyally stood by and supported me through all the good and bad times, (especially in the last 12 months) . I consider myself the luckiest bloke in the world to have a good mate such as you. Thanks for everything Knotty!!
MERYY CHRISTAMS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
Kindest Regards
TOR
(A very grateful A/CAM site owner)
PS: On behalf of the A/CAM membership I would also like to wish Dave Harvey and all over on AMI a very Merry Christmas. Thanks for your assistance and guidance with our spamming issue Dave, much appreciated mate.
tor lives

Re: An A/CAM Christmas Wish

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:57 am

Merry Xmas and a happy and safe new year peeps. Have a great 2015 :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Knotty » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:25 pm

You have summed the first year of A/CAM year up perfectly Ray , Merry Christmas to everyone here on A/CAM and a happy new year .
Thanks for your kind words Ray , just doing what any mate would do . :) :) we've had some good times together,let's hope that there is more to come .

Knotty .
Knotty

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Thanks Ray,and to all the membership have a safe and happy Christmas,
oz rb fan

Postby B_finch » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Thanks Ray.
Merry Christmas to everyone here at A/CAM. I hope everyone has a safe and happy festive season.

Regards all from the
Finch family
B_finch

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Wishing one and all at A/CAM and all those who check out this site a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope you all have a safe, happy and fun filled time with all your nearest and dearest.
Personally, I've had a great deal of fun being part of the A/CAM family and am looking forward to plenty more fun and entertainment in 2015!

I read a flight report on Santa's sleigh recently. Santa had it modified from the old analogue "fly by reins" system to full digital fly by wire. This has allowed for the further aft CofG "creep" due to payload increases over the years, which had made his sleigh very pitch unstable at low airspeeds. Being so pitch sensitive, only a triple redundant FBW system can now control his sleigh, which apparently now has the hyper manoeuvrability of a Su-35!

Hoping every A/CAM'er receives their most desired kit under the tree - be it a 1/144 airliner, 1/72 prop job or a 1/32 "MAN scale" racer or jet! Hmmm, what 1/32 racer can I convince Ray to buy next - Moh, Hah, Hah, Hah! Santa knows this little black duck wants a 1/32 F-104G, which will one day be a F-104N! :D

All the best and health and happiness to all!

Adam the Akrodude
Adam the Akrodude

Postby DesTROYer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:14 pm

Thanks for having me and thanks to everyone for your feedback and support.

Merry Christmas everyone. Have a great day tomorrow and a happy new year.
DesTROYer

Return to Model Talk