Cyclone Tracy Airfix F-27

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Cyclone Tracy Airfix F-27

Postby VH-WAL » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi Paul, I haven't forgotten... I have been going bleary eyed designing this and other decals, I cut open your Friendship plastic bag to do trial fitting, was up to my arse in paper clippings! Should have it all done for you in a week

wal
r
VH-WAL

Postby tor lives » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:54 pm

You really do some good decal work Wal!!!
And thanks for the Lockheed Vega racing numbers....they turned up the other day.
Would you be up for doing the Shell P-47 Air Racer below in 1:32???
http://forums.autosport.com/topic/15855 ... mposition/
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:27 pm

Absolutely awesome mate and I can't thank you enough. The decals looks amazing. You sir, are a true gentleman :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby F-27pax » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Wal

That sheet of markings for the F-27 looks lovely. Your work is always impressive. But are you thinking about putting DCA logos over those colours too so those of us who remember the good ol' Departmental days can make something to help our memories along?

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby VH-WAL » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:41 pm

F-27pax wrote:Wal

That sheet of markings for the F-27 looks lovely. Your work is always impressive. But are you thinking about putting DCA logos over those colours too so those of us who remember the good ol' Departmental days can make something to help our memories along?

Leigh

I have the DCA Logos filed away somewhere for future use, come to think of it actually I used them on an Aerocommander a few years back , when TFE was being used to rescue Baby Paul's smelly butt she was not wearing DCA titles, the government had just replaced the Department of Civil Aviation with the Department of Transport (Air Group). If you want some tell me what size you require and the next time I do a print I'll put them on the sheet.
VH-WAL

Postby F-27pax » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:02 pm

Wal

Yes please, 1/144 would be lovely. I've found a good image of the DCA crest on the Civil Aviation Historical Society site so if you can't find yours I can probably manage that part of the project. Finding this crest has sent me off looking for information on the Department's HS125, VH_CAO, a project that is not going to be as difficult now as I had feared. So thanks for the offer and thanks for sending me off to do the research too.

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby VH-WAL » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:00 pm

F-27pax wrote:Wal

Yes please, 1/144 would be lovely. I've found a good image of the DCA crest on the Civil Aviation Historical Society site so if you can't find yours I can probably manage that part of the project. Finding this crest has sent me off looking for information on the Department's HS125, VH_CAO, a project that is not going to be as difficult now as I had feared. So thanks for the offer and thanks for sending me off to do the research too.

Leigh

That's where I got the crest from, ....1/144 pretty damn small I have a VH - CAO in the wings also.. you gonna use Matchbox or Airfix? I have both.
VH-WAL

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:28 am

Look what turned up on my doorstep today from our mate Wally today
Wally I can't thank you enough for your help with this mate. I'll be starting this one when I get home from TSV. Really looking forward to this build :) :) :) :) :) :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Previous

Return to Model Talk