A Nomination for 2021's Stupid is as Stupid does Award

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

A Nomination for 2021's Stupid is as Stupid does Award

Postby Ansett A330 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:32 pm

A Modelling Mate directed me to a "new" website selling second hand kits and books.

So I went and had a look hoping not much of interest was there as I was not really wanting to buy anything as I've got more than enough to last me a Thousand or so years (2562 to be exact) and it's probably just as well BECAUSE (are you sitting down?) you can only buy from the Website if you are a Member of the "Business"' Facebook Group. WTF? I'm no Lawyer but this sounds like a (stupid) restriction of Trade and begs the Question "Why bother having a Website if it's for a Facebook Group only?

Clearly worthy of a Nomination for 2021's Stupid is as Stupid does Award.
Ansett A330

Re: A Nomination for 2021's Stupid is as Stupid does Award

Postby BradG » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:11 pm

I know who you're talking about as I'm a member of said facebook page, but I guess there must be a reason for exclusivity. Perhaps they are trying to limit time wasters? Selling off my old toys and household stuff we no longer use has exposed me to many time wasters on the sales pages who will ask if something is available then just not reply. I mean why ask if it's available if you don't want to buy it?

I think one of the reasons behind having a sales page is I, like many tend not to buy from the facebook sales, where each post puts up so many models and you indicate with the number which you want to buy. I think a lot of people are similar to me as I like to have a look around the whole sale before deciding on what to buy (if at all) but the way they sales currently go you really have to decide within a few seconds if you want an item or not as if you wait, it will be sold to someone else.

I guess if it works all good, if not things will change.
BradG

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:40 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:A Modelling Mate directed me to a "new" website selling second hand kits and books.

So I went and had a look hoping not much of interest was there as I was not really wanting to buy anything as I've got more than enough to last me a Thousand or so years (2562 to be exact) and it's probably just as well BECAUSE (are you sitting down?) you can only buy from the Website if you are a Member of the "Business"' Facebook Group. WTF? I'm no Lawyer but this sounds like a (stupid) restriction of Trade and begs the Question "Why bother having a Website if it's for a Facebook Group only?

Clearly worthy of a Nomination for 2021's Stupid is as Stupid does Award.

Given that said website is the owners "property" as such, I think you're really stretching it describing it as a restriction of trade. I personally don't have an issue with it as like EVERY single site known to man, it's up to the owner to do as he please with HIS own site. If he misses out on a sale then that's his problem isn't it? Obviously his business model works cos he's been in business for quite a while. As always, if you don't like the way someone runs their business, don't use them. It's a pretty simple concept mate :? :? :?
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby F-27pax » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:31 am

2562 kits in your collection. You're setting me a bad example, I'm over 500 behind you so I'll have to start catching up.
F-27pax

Postby Ansett A330 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:30 am

F-27pax wrote:2562 kits in your collection. You're setting me a bad example, I'm over 500 behind you so I'll have to start catching up.

Not 2562 kits (It's a waayyy bigger number of kits than that!) it's 2562 years to build them at a prodigious building rate. Big difference!
Ansett A330

Postby F-27pax » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:42 am

Gosh, I've only got to live to 2066, if I stop buying new kits now.
F-27pax

Postby Ansett A330 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:18 am

F-27pax wrote:Gosh, I've only got to live to 2066, if I stop buying new kits now.

The former is doable as there will be heaps of technological advances from Climate Change that will spill over to Life Expectancy Extension because “The Pamphlet” tells us so however addressing the latter is impossible as “resistance” to buying more kits “is futile”!

(Oh no! Cue the ST v SW back and forth ... again!)
Ansett A330

Return to Crew Lounge